Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I want the sevenism setup, that is EXACTLY what I've been dreaming of for this car!! Too bad it's 2.0 only, as far as I know. Not sure if it's available in the US either...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I want the sevenism setup, that is EXACTLY what I've been dreaming of for this car!! Too bad it's 2.0 only, as far as I know. Not sure if it's available in the US either...
The 7ism is an axle-back isn't it? The 2.0 and 2.4 are the same exhaust wise, should fit just fine....

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The 7ism is an axle-back isn't it? The 2.0 and 2.4 are the same exhaust wise, should fit just fine....
Thought it was cat-back???? MMMMmmmm, a full cat-back with that exit....that would be sweet!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thought it was cat-back???? MMMMmmmm, a full cat-back with that exit....that would be sweet!
Either way, it'll fit since the 2.0 and 2.4 are identical as far as exhaust goes.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm betting you could go to a local muffler shop, and get a custom one done for cheaper than the 7ism.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Well, I'd only do exhaust work if it gave me more power as well as sound and looks, and I'd assume a cat-back like sevenism would do all three:)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well, I'd only do exhaust work if it gave me more power as well as sound and looks, and I'd assume a cat-back like sevenism would do all three:)
Cat-back might give you 3 horsepower. The real power comes from a high flow cat!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I think there is debate on whether a dual exhaust would actually help HP.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cat-back might give you 3 horsepower. The real power comes from a high flow cat!
For some reason, I thought the stock exhaust was fairly high flow.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
For some reason, I thought the stock exhaust was fairly high flow.
No, the Evo XI exhaust is fairly high flow, our's is like a brick wall! :rolleyes:
I actually don't know how flow-y it is, but the cat is pretty dense. And a high flow cat made a huge difference in sound and a noticeable improvement in throttle response. The cat-back by itself didn't make any appreciable difference in power or response, but sounded very good!
The header on the other end is probably the best stock header I've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Megan Exhaust

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Cat-backs can make more power if the actual pipe sized is increased. I'm not sure how big the sevenism's pipes are, but to me it looks like the best exhaust out there yet for the Forte. And, yes AutoItKing, our stock exhaust is kinda like a brick wall compared to the Evo's, lol!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Would a high flow Magnaflow Cat be a good replacement?
Magnaflow Performance Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters - JEGS
You really do get what you pay for with Hi-flo Cats.

Those Performance Hi-flows don't flow much better than OE cats and if they do they don't contain as much material to help with emissions. There's also the possibility of throwing a CEL if you don't get the right location for the O2.

There's a reason why certain cats are over $200 before you even do any work to get flanges on. Out of all the bolt on cats I'd say the Solo is the best deal.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
21 - 40 of 128 Posts