Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Forte Ex from the local dealer and when you add up all the experiences together it turns out I had a bad experience so I decided to voice my opinion.

Let’s see first it turns out I can't read and the trim package really didn't have the option I wanted, however the salesman said it did.
Second, the salesman kept sending my stuff to a different address (I don't know how he mixed that up)
Third, I only got one key at delivery then when I got the second it didn't even work in my vehicle.
Forth, my Sirius shut off after a week (mix-up in paperwork)
Fifth, I asked about the IPod cable and they looked at me like I was an Idiot.
Sixth, they didn't put it in my name and listed me as co-signer.

You know that stuff could have happened to anyone right...

Well let’s see what they say (and how long it takes for them to say anything in response.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
211 Posts
just another way for the stealership to be in your business i had an ok time at the dealer but they tried to take all my money but i said fuck you then they dropped the price by 3k

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Home

Contact the attorney general and file a report against the dealership. Email local news channels about the car dealership and how awful they treated you. Write a review on Yahoo reviews on that dealership.

Get the names of the dealers for corporate Kia. I'm doubtful they'll do anything serious but perhaps you should slip in that you're going to contact the Ohio attorney general and possibly take them to court.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
My dealer experience was a 180 from that!!! Hammer that dealer, spread the word how horrid they are, and report to whoever you can!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a laundry list of complaints as well, personal and technical and ended up emailing HQ. they blew me off assuming the dealer (particularily the guy i had issues with) was the best on earth, dismissed my concerns and that was that. Id say keep on em, dont swear or be rude though :) gl and keep on em

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Buying a new car should be a fun experience, sorry yours was not. Do you have some type of goal you're trying to achieve out of complaining to the appropriate people?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow! I would be creating hell on the Taylor Kia showroom floor til they sorted that shit out for me and took turns giving me sponge baths. I got mine used, 9k miles, from another dealership so I dunno how their service is personally but I hope I don't ever need to find out.

Also, hello from pburg/bowling green!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ipod cable

I didn't either. I've read that some people have being getting them in the mail along with their congratulations/thank you letter. I've been putting off buying one to see if I get one with my letter.

Mark

I had a great dealership experience, but i didn't get an iPod cable. :(

did everyone get an ipod cable?

·
Registered
13 Posts
are they giving them out for free with your purchase of the vehicle because when i bought my car on monday, they told me the ipod cable was anextra 40 bucks, cause i didnt get one and was planning on buying one after my sirius radio is up

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I didn't have any such experience with my dealer. But then again.. I'm in my mid-40's, and don't take crap from anyone.

But all that said.. I know someone who went thru the same garbage with Toyota dealers here in the area. She finally complained to corporate and they contacted a dealer who then called her to help her out.

I would definitely mail AND call Kia corporate. As well as file complaint with the local State Attorney General's office.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sucks about your experience, some people just fail at customer service.

I just use my basic usb charging cable for my ipod, I know it can cause some sort of a problem and corrupt the data on the ipod but I believe as long as you dont unplug it while the car is on you're fine. I have yet to have trouble with my ipod.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The ipod cale was optional purchase for most. However, many of us got a free ipod cable from KIA about 2 months after the purchase.

I also got a $500 check form KIA about 6 months after purchase because the rebate incentive was increased from $1,000 to $1,500. So that was really sweet, I thought.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a free cable i got in the mail.. i had one from my elantra so i didnt need it, but kia sent one to me.. if you want it you can have it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, i'll take it ! I just purchased the car 3 days ago, and they told me "Get it from Ebay, it's only $20" ... I wonder if Kia will send one on the mail 2 months down the road when I already purchased or acquired one lol ...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Too bad about your experience with the Dealer. Mine was great he drives a Koup himself and was very helpful. SO much so I have sold 4 Fortes and 1 Sedona since Sept 2010 when I purchased mine. Given that I have sold 100K in Kia product I asked for an increased incentive over the 10000 Kia Points/ vehicle, and they agreed. I have found both the dealership APPLEWOOD Motors in Surrey and their service department fantastic to deal with. I am just waiting on R - Strut and R Air filter all free with Kia dollars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, Ive bought 2 cars in the last 2 yrs....my 2010 forte and now my 2011 after the 2010 got totaled.... I had a great experience, even tho I was kinda nervous wit it being my 1st new car purchase. I got my 2010 with help of the "cash for clunkers" and I missed it by 1 day yet my dealership bought my car for the same price as it woulda been worth through the program, so when my 1st got totaled I knew I would go back to them. Getting my 2011 took time since I wanted certain things that my 2010 didnt have....they took the time looking for it and didnt want to send me out the door with anything less... I wanted the nice corsa blue color sooooooo bad....but of course it didnt come in the EX version and I didnt wanna dish out more than I had too...so they made me a bad ass deal and upgraded me to the tech package with the touch start and said I didnt have to put nothing down for being a "Loyal customer" all In all Id say maybe its just that Kia that you go too.....look forward to seeing what they send back!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts