Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my SX out for a drive last night and when I returned, my headlights were starting to condensate on the inside. At first, a few of my friends thought that maybe it was just a design, but it clearly wasn't especially when the parking lights started condensating too.

Does this mean that my lights haven't been properly sealed in, or is it not much a concern?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Supposedly, even if they fog up they aren't a concern. only if there is standing water in your headlight will there be complications. I have foggy lights occasionally.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh okay, thanks fas :) The guys at the meet were making it somewhat of a big deal so I got a little nervous. but what do guys know about cars anyways? :rolleyes:

:p

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Lol, no problem girlie. :) and boys don't know anything compared to us!!! :p lolz

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i would actually take it back to the dealership and have them replace it. it happened to me about a month and a half into owning it and there IS NOT supposed to be condensation in your headlights. here's an older thread about the topic. my dealer never told me that it was not a big deal. the service manager saw it and said they would order the headlights and call when they came in and i got it fixed. i think you should do the same...
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/f...cussion/379-water-tail-light-anyone-else.html

ive never had a car of mine nor family or friends does this and if it isnt a serious problem, it still looks bad

·
Registered
127 Posts
If the headlights are fogged, it should not be a problem. Now if there is condensation and you can see the water inside the headlight, make the call to your dealer, fog is something that can be normal but not condensation.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
fog is a product of condensation and needs the air temperature to decrease to the dew point temperature where upon the air is at saturation, therefore, there is water in your headlight. next time you notice it, id 1) take pictures for evidence and 2) check to see how much fog(condensation) is in your headlight and 3) see how fast it goes away. but to be safe, i would take it in. maybe they will say its no biggy but no hurt in trying

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take a picture of it tonight if it happens again. The condensating was happening along the curve of the inner corners on the headlights. It got pretty foggy, as it appeared completely white at one point. :(

I don't think I was paying too much attention on how fast it went away but I'll definitely keep my eye on it tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
dont get your hopes down as its an extremely easy fix but even tho it might not be posing a big problem, it still should get fixed. i imagine your dealership has had customers with this same problem and wont make a big deal about solving the problem as soon as possible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.