Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done this in several other vehicles, but never in my 2016 Forte5. I purchased a Sirius ready aftermarket (JVC 650BT) head. Usually, it is a straight-ahead proposition. I either screw the antenna lead directly onto the new radio or onto a
SiriusXM SXV300v1 Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner Kit which will then plug into the sirius ready aftermarket unit. Easy Peasy.
While searching YouTube, I found a video showing that there is a special-for-Kia satellite tuner module located behind the glovebox. They showed that a special cable (Maestro HRN-ANT-SAT1 FAKRA) can be connected to the special-for-kia onboard satellite tuner. Three problems, so far:
1- I can no longer find the video. The video zoomed in on this tuner- it was branded by both Sirius and Kia.
2- This mythical tuner is not listed anywhere- not in the shop manual, it is not listed on the OEM Kia parts sellers and is not mentioned anywhere else I've looked.
3- I have no problem w purchasing another SiriusXM SXV300v1 and using it downstream of the mystery tuner, but I wondering if this will work.

I can't be the first person to bump up against this. Does anybody else have some experience with this?

·
Registered
2019 Forte S
22 Posts
I was told that the stock SiriusXM tuner is part of the OEM head unit, I have a 17 so I’m not sure if it’s the same for the 16 or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that the stock SiriusXM tuner is part of the OEM head unit, I have a 17 so I’m not sure if it’s the same for the 16 or not.
Thanks for the response! As it turns out, I was completely wrong about the tuner and vehicle. The car they showed wasn't even a kia! To replace the head I need to use the SiriusXM SXV300v1. I simply have to use a Maestro HRN-ANT-SAT1 FAKRA adaptor between the OEM antenna and the tuner and then just plug into the head unit.
Sorry for the false alarm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts