Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying a new Forte and thought I would join the forums for some input.

My last purchase was a (used) 2003 Nissan Sentra and I researched it pretty thoroughly, did a carfax on it, had it inspected prior to purchase but it's been nothing but problems since. I joined a Sentra forum and found out a lot more stuff that's been really disappointing and frustrating.

So I guess in a nutshell what do I need to look out for?

Hyundai Canada is trying to get rid of their 2010 models this month, but those 2011 models look good! :D

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello. this may be biased but id say that korean cars nowdays are the best bang for the buck. ive only had my car for less than a month now but im very satisfied with it and it seems like most of the people here have little to no trouble with theirs.

the only thing i can complain about my car, sx koup, is that the rear suspension is subpar. it bounces like crazy even if im going over a small bump. thats the koup iono about the sedans

as far as 2011s go, i dont think their new features is worth letting go of the deals the dealerships will give you. ur likely going to get more incentives if theyre trying to get rid of the cars asap over getting the fresh shipments of 2011s

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
jcbel, don't know if this applies to you, but as a smoker I am really pissed off that cracking the window drips water into the electric window & mirror buttons when I smoke. In any car with a window frame, this wouldn't be as big of an issue because you can get wind gaurds that block the dripping with a cracked window. Of course I found this out several days after I bought the car and finally had a foggy morning with condensation. I'm planning to give it a good wax (the dealership preppers did a really really shitty job with spray wax and didnt wipe it off fully) to get some condensation resistance.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well I've owned my sx for around 4 months,
Already put over 10,000 miles on it :)
Its been a fun car to drive, handles really well and the over all craftmenship is very nice.
Lots of great options, and gadgets as I'm sure you know already :)

of course nothings perfect and thats always true when talking about machines IMO
But the kia comes awfuly close to perfect if you ask me, and when taking in the fact its only 20,000 dollars the car feels like a steal at that price.

Some cons, it has some bad road noise due to the rear plastic wheel wells every rock that gets kicked up echos from the trunk and some times can kind of make you think you broke the car because its so frigging loud.

Paint comes out well but is not real thick so it tends to scratch waaaaay tooo easy
yes I have a black car which does not help but others with any other color also have issues..
I'd buy white if I lived any place other then U.S *just saying*

I have very few bad things to say other then those two I feel are bummers
but not something you can't live with.

the car has a great sound system for stock I'm very suprised and happy with what kia put in the car.. of course I don't plan on listening to music at window breaking levels either lol.

over all I'd say you will find yourself a "happy camper" if your looking for a sporty handling,yet pratical & reliable car you can be proud and happy to own buy the forte
or the Forte Koup.

Oh PS I'd get the better deal on the 2010 inless you just want push button start.
thou if the put GDI in the 2011 it should get alittle bit better mpg then we are with the 2010s
just my ten cents

Hope this helps you out :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hello. this may be biased but id say that korean cars nowdays are the best bang for the buck.

as far as 2011s go, i dont think their new features is worth letting go of the deals the dealerships will give you. ur likely going to get more incentives if theyre trying to get rid of the cars asap over getting the fresh shipments of 2011s
I would agree just based on all the research I've done - Nissan used to make great cars but now you have to read every TSB and recall! :mad:

The main draw for me with the 2011 is the 6spd AT - I would like to drive stick but unfortunately my wife doesn't and she needs to drive the car at times too. The 5-door is appealing as well since I've been taking a long look at the Elantra Touring.

jcbel, don't know if this applies to you, but as a smoker I am really pissed off that cracking the window drips water into the electric window & mirror buttons when I smoke.
I don't smoke but I can see how that would be a pain - I seem to have bad luck when it comes to drips and cars. :(

Oh PS I'd get the better deal on the 2010 inless you just want push button start.
thou if the put GDI in the 2011 it should get alittle bit better mpg then we are with the 2010s
Yea I noticed Hyundai is putting the GDI in their 2011 models - from the info I've seen so far it doesn't like the case for Kia but I might be wrong!

·
Registered
230 Posts
4 days into my SX Sedan 6MT and that was after 4 1/2 months research. There are some that are better built, a few that handle better, but none have the whole enchilada. Forte has the best average of handling vs quality vs features (SX) vs value. There is no better value on the market in the under 25Kcan or 22Kus range. I recommend it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
try and get the latest built date for the forte and you should be good...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up a white EX with sunroof on Monday night! Liking it so far - probably post some pics to next month's car of the month thread. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have the automatic which for me performs perfect, but you might want to stay away from the stick shift models, lot's of people here complained about them. Also get the tire/rim warranty package - I blew three tires because they are low profile and NY/NJ does not have the best of roads.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did get the tire / warranty package that includes nitrogen. I wasn't big on the nitrogen since I check tire pressures pretty regularly but the wife and I figured it will probably come in handy when the potholes come back after winter - though the city has gotten better at fixing them.

I did get the 4sp AT, was very interested in the 6sp AT in the 2011 model though!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. You made a wise move. These cars are the best bang for your buck.

If the rear suspension bounce/jitter bothers you/wife, I recommend the Ultra Racing rear anti-sway bar. It drastically reduced that issue. You can check out my build thread for details and how to install it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ At first I thought I was imagining the rear end bouncing around a little bit but it's definitely there. I'm pretty sure the Mrs. wouldn't be happy about any add-ons to the car right now... :)

One of my co-workers mistook the car for an Acura the other day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.