Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new Android based Droid X... I paired my phone, but I don't get the address book synced. It stopped the annoying "Transfer Complete" message but now I can't call by name.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have an HTC Legend and have no problems at all. I hear that stupid "Transfer Complete" every time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol...I use the Bluetooth in the car merely to answer calls that I may be receiving. I would rather it did not "Transfer Complete" every time. I have the Droid Eris, I may have to upgrade if for nothing else other to be able to listen to my music with out being interrupted by the little girl living in my stereo.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Next time you pair it look at your phone. The first time I paired mine a icon popped up on my phone and was asking permission for the forte to have my address book. If you don't approve it, you get the bluetooth but no name calling. I have the Motorola Droid, and the X is pretty much a bigger and faster version of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't even get my 2010 Forte to pair with my Droid X. It says its not allowed, even though I made the device discoverable and scanned for devices, finding the Forte. Any help? Never used Bluetooth before.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Schemmy, Did you go into the stereo menu and choose the pair option with the dial?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my droid X to sync, and once I gave access to the forte on my droid to access the phonebook, I only got the transfer complete 2 times the first time and one other time (must have added a contact)..... No more Transfer complete everytime i start my car!! Must have been an issue with the blackberry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@joechicklets thanks for the info on the permissions. I have the original Motorola Droid too and just bought the Forte SX 5 door a week ago. This was the one thing I was having problems with.

Almost 300 miles in one week, and that was just fun driving. I rode my motorcycle to work 3 days this week.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Next time you pair it look at your phone. The first time I paired mine a icon popped up on my phone and was asking permission for the forte to have my address book. If you don't approve it, you get the bluetooth but no name calling. I have the Motorola Droid, and the X is pretty much a bigger and faster version of it.
I recently crossed over to the dark side and switched to a Android phone. This is a great thread and helped me keep my sanity lol. Thanks all :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
After a year I decided to get an Android Zio, my two year contract with my iPhone3 had expired. So now with a new Zio, it seems I'm having problems with it. With the iPhone3, the guys at Apple was really nice in helping me hooking it up with the Blue Tooth. With the new Zio, the guys at tech support are at a stand still in helping me. I already changed the Zio once already and I think that's not the problem. But tech support says the instructions are already self explanatory. I have one question for the Zio, when it asks me to type in 0000, when I go to the key pad on my Zio, it doesn't connect because I have to leave that window on my phone to type in the 0000. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated. Best Regards :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
After a year I decided to get an Android Zio, my two year contract with my iPhone3 had expired. So now with a new Zio, it seems I'm having problems with it. With the iPhone3, the guys at Apple was really nice in helping me hooking it up with the Blue Tooth. With the new Zio, the guys at tech support are at a stand still in helping me. I already changed the Zio once already and I think that's not the problem. But tech support says the instructions are already self explanatory. I have one question for the Zio, when it asks me to type in 0000, when I go to the key pad on my Zio, it doesn't connect because I have to leave that window on my phone to type in the 0000. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated. Best Regards :)
I work for Sprint and the Zio is a junk phone, so I don't think it's your car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It really depends what Android you have. Anything with 2.2 or above should sync properly, but anything below that may experience problems. None of the cellphones in the 2010 models play music wirelessly, however. The 2011 models can do that on some phones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It depends how you define properly... my phone sync but everytime the car is started it gives me the download complete message. Also after placing a call, it re-downloads the addressbook... this time silently but i can't place a call 3 minutes until the download is complete.

It really depends what Android you have. Anything with 2.2 or above should sync properly, but anything below that may experience problems. None of the cellphones in the 2010 models play music wirelessly, however. The 2011 models can do that on some phones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.