Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Forte and love everything about the car EXCEPT, after pairing the phone, for hours it says "downloading contacts." They never got downloaded.

My phone has over 700 contacts, some with 3 and 4 numbers. Is this the problem? Is there a max that the bluetooth will take?

Lastly, if those answers are YES, is there a way around this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.:(

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'd first try deleting the phone from the head unit and then repairing. I have about 20 contacts and it takes about 30 seconds to download them. My guess is 700 contacts would take about 15 minutes. This is 15 minutes each and every time the phone reconnects.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I had the issue at first. Depending on your phones OS you will need to grant permission for the car to access your contacts. Mine showed in my notification bar after a few times of trying to pair. I'd imagine that's your issue. The car doesn't have permission to access your phones contact list.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd first try deleting the phone from the head unit and then repairing. I have about 20 contacts and it takes about 30 seconds to download them. My guess is 700 contacts would take about 15 minutes. This is 15 minutes each and every time the phone reconnects.
One trick about the contacts syncing up.... if you have the "Sync Contacts" feature turned on, you will not be able to use the bluetooth while it is syncing and that may take a while. Instead, get them to sync up once, then turn off the "Sync Contacts" option on the radio. The radio will remember the contacts. If you add more people to your phone, you can always turn the option back on and then wait for the contacts to sync up at that point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The car uses flash memory so it grabs the contacts every time the phone connects. It will take all 700 just not at a very fast pace.

·
Registered
147 Posts
One trick about the contacts syncing up.... if you have the "Sync Contacts" feature turned on, you will not be able to use the bluetooth while it is syncing and that may take a while. Instead, get them to sync up once, then turn off the "Sync Contacts" option on the radio. The radio will remember the contacts. If you add more people to your phone, you can always turn the option back on and then wait for the contacts to sync up at that point.
Iv never seen that option, gonna have to look for it I hate the transfer complete crap evertime I turn on my car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Iv never seen that option, gonna have to look for it I hate the transfer complete crap evertime I turn on my car.
^ same. Especially when I have to call someone right after I hang up, it says it's "Downloading Phonebook"...and i have to wait....grr

·
Registered
695 Posts
The transfer complete was so annoying it would do it in the middle of a song. I dont believe the 2010 have the ability to turn of the sync contact options. Those with the 2011 tech package I would imagine have more options.

OP what phone do you have and which model forte?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
^ same. Especially when I have to call someone right after I hang up, it says it's "Downloading Phonebook"...and i have to wait....grr

THAT is my BIGGEST complaint. I cannot stand that. The "Transfer Complete" is also BS. Does it really need to tell me each time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts