Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2010 Kia Forte EX Sedan and I have an iPhone 4 (OS4.0.1) and the cable from Kia. The connectivity is great, but I was wondering if there was a way to be able to select the music from the iPhone's screen instead of the Kia interface. I have far too many artists and songs to spend all that time scrolling through each one of them using the knob. I also want my passenger to have easy control of the music through the iPhone.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Probably have to get an aftermarket control knob/screen for ipod/iphones for that kind of access feature.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Just do what I do, buy the cable from Best Buy that lets you plug in your ipod through the head phone jack. It won't charge the ipod but it will let you choose your songs manually without using the head unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just do what I do, buy the cable from Best Buy that lets you plug in your ipod through the head phone jack. It won't charge the ipod but it will let you choose your songs manually without using the head unit.
This seems like what I'm going to have to do. =/

·
Registered
475 Posts
BOB.....rockawear answer is the best...thats what i use...and its excellent. and you just get a plugin to charge if ever u run out of juice.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Only issue is you lose steering wheel controls to advance songs etc. Also don't forget with ios4 you can create playlists on the fly to narrow your "mood" down thus making the artists to go through less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went and got an auxiliary cable from Wal-Mart; works great and the volume control buttons on my steeling wheel still work :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.