Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing in the morning, especially on cooler days, I feel a vibration in the steering wheel, like a tire is off balance or something. After driving a few miles at highway speeds, it smooths right out and rides fine.

I don't think it's a bad tire or anything, after my first oil change (where the dealer rotated/balanced the tires) it felt exactly the same. I don't notice it in the afternoons or on the warm mornings, only mornings where it got cool the night before.

·
Registered
348 Posts
In reallllly cold weather I would normally call this a flat-spotting issue, but if you're in North America there's really no possible way your mornings are getting cold enough in this time of the year for that to happen. More likely is actually an accumulation of moisture inside your tire, which settles to the bottom of the tire. Once you get moving the centrifugal force causes a real imbalance issue but it slowly works it's way around the tire and smoothes out. A simple remount can confirm this, and correct it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this something the dealer would cover under warranty? If not, I might as well save the drive and go to our local mom'n'pop tire place, as I've always had good luck with them before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts