Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally, I like the Koup better. Maybe it's because I own one but whatever! It's a sexy car!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah the coup looks better at its price point, but make no mistake, I'd always pick the Audi if money wasn't the issue.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,870 Posts
Yeah the coup looks better at its price point, but make no mistake, I'd always pick the Audi if money wasn't the issue.
LOL...the "mindset" that has put most people on skid row...if it costs more it must be better! Both cars get you from point "A" to point "B" in comfort so why do you need to spend two and three times as much to get there?

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Koup is a great car, but an Audi A5 is light years ahead of it in performance, style and comfort. If I had the money, I'd have an S5 in my garage right now. But it is nice to be driving a car that's got some Audi inspiration in its lines.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh The Other Coupe of My Dreams! I must agree, if Money weren't an issue, I'd go with an A-5 All Day Long! But I also know that cost, upkeep and repairs on an Audi are very cost prohibitive, so I would have to be in a Money is No Object situation to consider one. Honestly, the Koup fit's all my needs, wants and desires. Something I haven't been able to say about a car in a long time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
LOL...the "mindset" that has put most people on skid row...if it costs more it must be better! Both cars get you from point "A" to point "B" in comfort so why do you need to spend two and three times as much to get there?
Excuse me, but I'm insulted by that. I don't want it because it's more expensive. I want it because it kicks the Forte's ass in all aspects except the price and fuel economy (two things I wouldn't worry about if I was more affluent). Have you driven one? I had the pleasure of driving a friend's A4 2.0T and that car is superb. The performance, the gorgeous exterior, and the well-appointed interior...

Both cars will get you from point A to point B, but not in the same level of comfort. I've taken my Forte on a 2000km trip. It's not THAT comfortable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tend to agree with ile2010. If you buy a car to get to point A to point B, a $10,000 Rio would do the trick. Its almost always a question of what can I afford and will provide the most fun getting there while still being somewhat reasonable ;-)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tend to agree with ile2010. If you buy a car to get to point A to point B, a $10,000 Rio would do the trick. Its almost always a question of what can I afford and will provide the most fun getting there while still being somewhat reasonable ;-)
Exactly. $60,000 for the A4 isn't even close to reasonable for me with my current salary. Once I break into six-figures, then I may consider it.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,870 Posts
Excuse me, but I'm insulted by that. I don't want it because it's more expensive. I want it because it kicks the Forte's ass in all aspects except the price and fuel economy (two things I wouldn't worry about if I was more affluent). Have you driven one? I had the pleasure of driving a friend's A4 2.0T and that car is superb. The performance, the gorgeous exterior, and the well-appointed interior...

Both cars will get you from point A to point B, but not in the same level of comfort. I've taken my Forte on a 2000km trip. It's not THAT comfortable.
Now it's suddenly more important to be comfortable...LoL...there are a lot more cars out there that provide even more comfort and more performance that an A4...might need to get out there and drive some more cars...LoL! I'd bet if you were that affluent and price was no object then you'd select something other than an A4 too...LoL

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is as far up the price ladder as I'd be willing to climb, no matter how much money I had. Ferarri, Lamborghini, Bugatti...never appealed to me. These two are as comfortable and fast as I'd ever need a car to be. IMO, they get less comfortable from this point upward.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Now it's suddenly more important to be comfortable...LoL...there are a lot more cars out there that provide even more comfort and more performance that an A4...might need to get out there and drive some more cars...LoL! I'd bet if you were that affluent and price was no object then you'd select something other than an A4 too...LoL
Don't twist my words. You were comparing the Audi to the Koup, not to everything else. I may select something other than the A4 if I was looking at that segment. But I didn't shop around in that class. I just happened to drive the A4.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is as far up the price ladder as I'd be willing to climb, no matter how much money I had. Ferarri, Lamborghini, Bugatti...never appealed to me. These two are as comfortable and fast as I'd ever need a car to be. IMO, they get less comfortable from this point upward.

Well... It's not like we're aiming much lower on the price ladder, hehe. Performance-wise, I think the new Nissan GT-R or the Audi R8 would be my limit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts