Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, Numerous times I have had my SX make a loud rubbing/scaping noise on entrance and exit ramp and numerous turns in roads if i go somewhat quick around them. However I would like to add, yes i am going fast but not fast enough that the car should rub. Any other experienced this or know what this might be???

·
Registered
114 Posts
what it is is your tcs traction control system its braking your car because your taking the turn too sharp for the cars stanterd if you want that to go away turn off your tcs on the dash left of the steering wheel lil black button then ur dash will show that its off at least thats what the problem sounds like to me try it and let us know

·
Registered
243 Posts
what it is is your tcs traction control system its braking your car because your taking the turn too sharp for the cars stanterd if you want that to go away turn off your tcs on the dash left of the steering wheel lil black button then ur dash will show that its off at least thats what the problem sounds like to me try it and let us know
Say what?

·
Registered
243 Posts
OK guys, Numerous times I have had my SX make a loud rubbing/scaping noise on entrance and exit ramp and numerous turns in roads if i go somewhat quick around them. However I would like to add, yes i am going fast but not fast enough that the car should rub. Any other experienced this or know what this might be???
Is suspension and wheels/tires stock? If so, this shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its all stock and i dont believe its traction control because my light does not come on saying that this has triggered it feels like a rub/grind almost. ill give it a shot with tcs off and see.

·
Registered
78 Posts
when i hit a speed bump with too much velocity, i feel it shake the suspension a bunch, almost as if the shocks are bottoming in, or whatever it is when they are compressed to their max... I haven't had any issues in cornering, but mainly because when I'm in a high-speed turn, if I hit a bump, the steering gets super sensitive (like the electronic steering assist is putting in too much assist). It's a bit scary because it makes the wheel jerk. So ever since I've been trying to take it easy in the corners.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It does sound exactly like the TCS... the first time it activated it actually scared the crap out of me. Now I shut it off.

The only other thing I can think of is the mounts for the shocks... there may have been a TSB on kiaTechInfo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.