Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guyz I really want to say thanks to all of you who answered my questions before! I hope this will be my last questions to you all lol

1. there were condensations on my two front lights so I took at to glendale kia on the weekends...service advisor told me manager is not there so he cant release the part with out his managers approval...told me to come back on week days..(which I don't have time to go...school & work)

2. I bought and HID kit ( Prolumen hid kit ) I heard thats a good brand to install...read couple of thread regarding hid kit installation...people were saying I need a projector or else I will get pull over badly...
where can I get a projector for my kia forte sedan??

3. Should I install my hid kit after I fix my two front lights from the dealer?

4. dealer is requesting a proof of condensation...how could I make condensation on my car? ( how stupid..)

Thanks guyz

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guyz I really want to say thanks to all of you who answered my questions before! I hope this will be my last questions to you all lol

1. there were condensations on my two front lights so I took at to glendale kia on the weekends...service advisor told me manager is not there so he cant release the part with out his managers approval...told me to come back on week days..(which I don't have time to go...school & work)
Not sure how to help you get more time off, but I have the same problem. I work 12-14 hour days M-F, so it isn't easy for me to make it to the dealer if I need to.

2. I bought and HID kit ( Prolumen hid kit ) I heard thats a good brand to install...read couple of thread regarding hid kit installation...people were saying I need a projector or else I will get pull over badly...
where can I get a projector for my kia forte sedan??
You should be fine without a projector. I've been running HID's in mine for a while and haven't had a problem. Just curious but what watt bulbs and color did you order? I'm running 6000k color 35w bulbs.

3. Should I install my hid kit after I fix my two front lights from the dealer?
YES, wait until you get new lamps because the HID's will require slight modification to your seal caps, and they might try to blame that on the condensation (even though the problem was pre-existing)!

4. dealer is requesting a proof of condensation...how could I make condensation on my car? ( how stupid..)
Next time you see it, snap a picture of it with your camera or even your cell phone. If you can get it to show up in a pic including your license plate, then that should be more than enough "proof" for the dealership.

It's a shame you have to go through all these measures to get something fixed, and it can be a real pain in the butt with a tough weekly schedule. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
178 Posts
that happened to mine whenever i washed my car so try that out...or just run water over them haha, because they shouldn't do that. I was angry when this happened but they took care of it right away....sorry to hear you are having so much problem...but ya definitely install ur HIDs AFTER u get them taken care of!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thank you very much for your opinion!
I hate dealing with dealers...try to get around with it....man

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
wow thank you very much for your opinion!
I hate dealing with dealers...try to get around with it....man
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you and some others have with some dealers.

Just curious, but is this a dedicated KIA dealer or do they sell other makes as well? And about not being open on Saturdays... Sundays I can understand but I think Saturday is my dealers busiest day!

All I can suggest is get to know your dealers service people. I can see here that you are a very busy person and this might not be a viable option to you but this is for others out there as well.

Don't worry too much about the sales people but get to know the service advisor's, managers the parts manager and especially the General manager. If the Dealer has an open house, or customer appreciation day, attend it. When you buy your vehicle, ask to see the Manager, even just to say hello and introduce yourself. Ask to be introduced to the service department (your sales person is supposed to do that) and ask for a tour of the service area. The more often they see your smiling friendly face, the more they will respond to your needs, even just stopping in to say hello, telling them how much you like the car... you know, sucking up!:p

This does pay off, now you become more of a friend than just a customer.

Just my 2 cents.

PS. It works for me and to me.

I have been in customer service for 30 years, including 9 years as a Service Manger and I'll tell you right now, as much as you might want to rant and rave and swear at someone demanding satisfaction, you are only hurting your cause. If you find you are not getting the service you think you deserve, then ask to see the Service Manger, if he doesn't help you, go to the General Manger but in all cases, don't be vague and just say you're not happy, be specific. If you are polite and concise regarding your concerns, most managers will appreciate the opportunity to resolve the issue and keep a customer happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts