Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I found a crack in a front windshield last week. The crack occurred while the car is parked with nobody inside the car. Only the inner layer of the windshield cracked all the way from top to bottom in the middle. Outer layer is intact and there is no damage including chips, cracks, or scratches. I believe it's a stress crack and should be covered under warrenty. I filed a case with KIA but so far they do not agree that the case should be covered under warrenty. :mad:
Where do you live? I'd be looking for an organization that provides arbitration between you and the dealer / manufacturer.

In Alberta, for dealer arbitration there is AMVIC (amvic Consumer Information).

In Canada, for manufacturer arbitration there is CAMVAP (arbitration services, mediation arbitration - Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I live in California.
How long does the arbitration process take? The car is not in a drivable condition, I do not want to pay for rental car out of my pocket until the windshield is fixed.
According to this, within 40 days...

Apply for Arbitration - Department of Consumer Affairs,Arbitration Certification Program

You should probably Kia Corporate first to see if they can do something for you. They might send you a different dealer. I've seen their number posted elsewhere on the forums. Anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.