Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got gas went 6 cents over got in my car dash lights turned dim red then nothing...no crank no start no power. Battery terminals were cleaned with new terminals as well that wasn't the issue.. gas needle did not drop after I went to start my car the rest of the needles did just not the gas needle馃 got it home tinkered with it positive terminal managed to get loose retightend the terminal seen a spark herd my door ajar tried to start it up and got nothing. Plugged my scan tool in code p0356 cam shaft sensor shows up...I go to auto zone get the sensor and a new battery hooked everything back up tried to start it and got crank no start... Checked my fuses all check out good..I checked my spark plugs just to rule that out all look good except for cylinder 3...had a tiny amount of oil on spark plug nothing major as of yet... It be the culprit as to why I get crank no start, there is fuel in the fuel rail so I don't think it's my fuel pump but with gas needle not dropping when my car died Sunday night the Sept 12th 21 it could be the sending unit or bad filter since it is a used car with a new engine that's not under warranty anymore as of last year I'm lost as to what I can do at this point I don't want to spend money on parts I don't need yet it would be wise to change certain parts out to rule the issue I'm going through nor do I want to spend an arm n a leg at the mechanics not that it would help since I have crank and no start? Any suggestions or solutions would be great help

Registered
6 cents over, you mean topped/flooded the gas tank capacity? That shouldn't have caused your problem. Unless the previous owner/s have flooded beyond the canister (charcoal canister) designed functionality & purpose & your 6 cents was the final one or your here & there innocent constant topping the gas caused it. Yes, these do add up s l o w l y causing very expensive problems. My wife kept doing that. Cost her $400 on the SUV.

Do you hear the fuel pump humming come on when you turn the key?

鈻笌Checked the starter solenoid.
鈻笌Check the alternator.
鈻笌Check the relays/fuses (engine & cab) yes, again & verify.
鈻笌Check your multi fuse.
鈻笌Check the ignition coils/packs (boot deteriorating/holes & age).
鈻笌Check the iridium spark plugs (condition/age & gap)
鈻笌Check the ignition switch.

Modern cars are all computerized with sensors monitoring sensors monitoring sensors monitoring sensors. One goes out good luck trying to find the real problem, even with an ODB2 scanner/analyzer, from Autozone/O'Reilly's or from dealership.

Hope this helps you somewhat to get your Kia running.

Registered
Did you have the battery tested? Just because you can put a voltmeter on the battery and get a reading doesn't mean the battery won't fail under load. If it is not the battery then apparently you have a major electrical issue so time to check for power at the ignition switch, to the fuse box, to the alternator AFTER checking that any fusible links or major fuses are not blown.

Helping you on this through a computer is nearly futile!

BTW: P0365 corresponds to a coil problem on cylinder 6?!?!, according to online searches? Are you sure it is a P0356?

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

Cam sensor DTC should be a P0340

Registered
Take that POS sensor you got from Autozone back and get a refund. Their electrical parts are crap. Trust me, I worked for them for 5 years and saw too many junk electrical returns. I'd recommend an OEM sensor from your local KIA dealer.

Registered
Take that POS sensor you got from Autozone back and get a refund. Their electrical parts are crap. Trust me, I worked for them for 5 years and saw too many junk electrical returns. I'd recommend an OEM sensor from your local KIA dealer.
He is right. especially when it comes to crank or cam sensors. Take it out and get OEM before you go any further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts