Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2012 forte ex 2.0. Bought non running cheap. Cat was removed but upstream o2 still there. Won't run easily so no real codes. Only got it to run at 3000 rim couple times and engine sounded good but eventually died. Was playing with hold peddle to floor to start. Actually surprised me when it started after an 1hr of attempts. Have spark, just pulled fuel rail and injectors work. Checked timing and with crank at the "t" the cam marks are facing each other aligned with head. Compression is equal across all cylinders. Figured 2nd time would hold a 3k rpm and hopefully get a code. Had gotten p0011.timing over advanced which had made me check timing. At a loss right now getting a headache over it. Not one to give in.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What about fuel pump, is it working properly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel pump seems to work good. Had made a rig to check pressure. Wasn't strong enough to hold but Guage shot of passing 40 psi. I did notice plugs were wet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
He is right, 138 psi is too low. Should be 170-180 -ish. Gasket? Valve seatings? Pistons/ rings worn?
Other question, are you sure, that your measuring apparatus is tight?

·
Registered
562 Posts
No DTC's/codes at all?

Check relays, fuses, battery, spark plugs, fuel filter, oil level/condition, any electrical loose/frayed exposed wires & grounds.

Hope it starts up for you soon & you find the fix.

Share & upload pics before & after.

Anthony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts