Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you're buying sensors at autozone, advance or o'reilly/carquest, that COULD be the problem. Aftermarket sensors suck. It's best to buy a genuine sensor from your local KIA dealer. I worked at 2 of the 3 parts stores mentioned and that's why I WON'T purchase sensors or electrical parts at a chain store. Cheap crap that is often defective out of the box. Do yourself a favor and get your sensors from a KIA dealership or buy them online from a KIA supplier.
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor on my 2013 Koup SX 2.4L with a new, OEM, Kia sensor purchased from Amazon for $44.

Reactions: Chuzz

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
976 Posts
If you're buying sensors at autozone, advance or o'reilly/carquest, that COULD be the problem. Aftermarket sensors suck. It's best to buy a genuine sensor from your local KIA dealer. I worked at 2 of the 3 parts stores mentioned and that's why I WON'T purchase sensors or electrical parts at a chain store. Cheap crap that is often defective out of the box. Do yourself a favor and get your sensors from a KIA dealership or buy them online from a KIA supplier.
I bought a clutch switch sensor & brake switch sensor. One if them was causing a short. I still have of of them. 2x returning & stating it's causing a short. She was fed up & gave me the look of "you're an idiot".

I even showed her in the Kia their faulty parts vs my old OEM/factory switch.

I was doing preventive maintenance when I 1st bought my Forte from my friend. To this day the original brake & clutch switched still working.

3rd time failed attempts using non OEM/factory + just got fed up. I keep it to remind me to get OEM/factory whenever possible.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts