Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just thought I would share some pics and info!

I have managed to fit a set of Matt Black w/ Red Strip 19"x8.5" +45 Axis Superhiro with some Hankook 225/35/R19s.

I have Techpro coilovers and have not had any scrubbing/rubbing at all. When I first put them on I was concerned about what little room there was between the front tires and the springs, but once the car was put down of the jack, i could manage (just) to fit my finger between the tyre and spring in the front. The rear had absolutley no clearance issues at all. I have turned full lock with no issues, and driven out drive ways and still haven't experienced any dramas.

I don't mind these rims, although I wish they LOOKED like a 19" rim. They look a bit small in my opinion, but I'm happy with them. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I like the look :)
Nice touch

2,213 Posts
how much was the drop with the new springs? and black rims always look smaller for some reason, thats why they dont look overly huge, i have the stock 17"s and they look tiney, thinking of going to 19's but we have alot of potholes here in NYC lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yum, those are the wheels I am eying but with a white pin stripe. Go plow through some speed bumps and humps and let me know if it rubs. Also did you have to use wobble bolts?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Those look awesome!

Now, does that work out to the same rolling diameter as the 45R17s?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hows the ride on those techpro's?
Let's ust say that somtimes I forget I even have suspension... :p Pretty firm to say the least. The handling improvement more than compensates though. I did also just fit front strut brace as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yum, those are the wheels I am eying but with a white pin stripe. Go plow through some speed bumps and humps and let me know if it rubs. Also did you have to use wobble bolts?

Wobble bolts? Not sure what they are, so i assume not?

Also, have been over speed humps, and various bumps. No scrubbing whatesoever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
From what I've seen the super hiros have a bolt patern of 5x112 on 19x8.5 and isn't the forte a 5x114.3. I guess you could squeeze them on but it would put them off center and cause strain on the lugs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.