Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go over some less-than-smooth road, i hear clicking/creaking sounds coming from the plastics on the upper frame of teh passenger side of my car. Does anyone else have this issue? What can I do to stop my car sounding like its a Chrysler?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it doesnt seem to be coming from the sunroof. I wouldnt know where to put the wd-40. it sounds like the noise is coming from within the plastic, maybe where it is bolted on?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the same problem in mine but mine comes from the passenger door with bumpy roads and when I have my music on and it drives me crazy.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine was somewhere on the dash I jammed a piece of rubber between the dash and glass now all is quiet again. Sometimes rattles appear to be coming from a certain area and when you finally find them, they could be in a totally different part of the car

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had my car for several days and my son closed the passenger side door. The molding located at the front bottom where the glass meets the door and which houses a speaker, popped out. It didn't fall due to the fact the wires are attached to the speaker and speaker is fitted into the frame. I put it back on and gave it a little love tap. I am thinking this may be the 'creaking' you are hearing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For me creaking comes from the lid of the center console. When I am sitting in the car the seat pushes on the lid and makes it creak. Only fix I have found so far is to turn up the radio. Then I don't hear the creak.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yeah same issue with creaking on the passenger side, I just press on all the plastic and that temporarily fixes it for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine is the passenger seat. i notice when i tap on the empty seat i can reproduce it. try testin that and maybe tightening. i just turn my music up for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the passenger seat tends to rub with the center armrest, mine does that as well... either reposition the backrest or re-wrap the seat's leather...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have this too... mine comes from the passenger seat it seems like it's loose or shaky... is there a way of getting the seat tightened?

Also another squweek I hear A LOT and drives me nuts is my drivers seat side rubs against the center console... does anyone else's seat press firmly against the center console?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, i had a a problem with rattling from the rear parcel shelf, dealer fixed it quite quickly, maybe check yours out

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
mine annoying noise is coming from my door panel. I need to figure out how to fix it....it drives me bonkers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree I have it too, but mine is the seat rattle.

BTW if you try to pull up the screw cover inside the handle on the passenger side and check if it still rattles. I found this out by accident.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
Have all of you had your koup looked at for the sunroof TSB? I had a noise that I couldn't track down -- kept thinking it was from the back, then the door, then the roof, etc. Turned out it needed to have the TSB for the sunroof. I didn't have the noise when I first bought the car but it started doing it 6+ months later. The TSB took care of it and I haven't heard any creaking/knocking/clunking since!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have all of you had your koup looked at for the sunroof TSB? I had a noise that I couldn't track down -- kept thinking it was from the back, then the door, then the roof, etc. Turned out it needed to have the TSB for the sunroof. I didn't have the noise when I first bought the car but it started doing it 6+ months later. The TSB took care of it and I haven't heard any creaking/knocking/clunking since!
what is a tsb?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
what is a tsb?
Technical Service Bulletin...when a potential problem is not a safety item, manufacturers issue TSBs to make their dealers aware of the potential problem and have them either look to see if it is required OR recommend they make corrections when customers bring their cars in for normal servicing or other problems. For the sunroof noise the dealer has to take out the sunroof glass and do measurements on the sides to check that there is enough clearance -- if not enough clearance you get these weird creaking and clicking noises. There is a special tool the dealer has to use to make the adjustments. The TSB makes them aware of the problem, what to look for, what tools to use, and how to make repairs.

A recall (campaign) is usually a problem that can affect safety, drivability, or operation. TSBs are not as important but help in customer relations!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Technical Service Bulletin...when a potential problem is not a safety item, manufacturers issue TSBs to make their dealers aware of the potential problem and have them either look to see if it is required OR recommend they make corrections when customers bring their cars in for normal servicing or other problems. For the sunroof noise the dealer has to take out the sunroof glass and do measurements on the sides to check that there is enough clearance -- if not enough clearance you get these weird creaking and clicking noises. There is a special tool the dealer has to use to make the adjustments. The TSB makes them aware of the problem, what to look for, what tools to use, and how to make repairs.

A recall (campaign) is usually a problem that can affect safety, drivability, or operation. TSBs are not as important but help in customer relations!
Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My creaking seems to be coming from my driver side windshield, and maybe my passenger side... i'll try and focus on it more often and really pinpoint this and then tell my dealer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts