Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went out this morning, the car ran great, came back, ate, then decided to leave, i get in the car, and it doesn't crank. First i said i needed a jumpstart, so i then jumpstart it, it took a long time then it started, checked the voltage with a multimeter and it said 12-13v. kept it running for a while, then killed the engine, tried to restart it, it made a clicking sound, then went dead, i went to ceck the batter with the multimeter, it read 0 Volts. jumpstarted it couple of times afterwards, battery still wont catch the charge? what's the problem?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
Checked battery and it's 0 volts...dead battery! If you checked voltage while the car was running (after jump starting it) and had 12-13 volts your alternator is working.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery. Charge it and try again. If it dies within a day then its most likely your alternator (but unlikely on a new car). You could always take your battery to Sears or a car hardware shop and ask them to test it for you. What happened before it went dead? Did you listen to your radio a long time with the engine off? Keep overhead lights on. Keep door open a crack with overhead on constantly?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all ideas and suggestions, after hours of going over everything, recharging batteries, testing alternator, everything, my problem has been solved ( i am an idiot for that). 3 weeks ago i replaced my negative batter post with a new one so i can hook my HID to it, well apparently, with the weather changes, and a couple of bad road bumps, the connection between the post and the grounding kit became unstable. That, couple with couple of droplets of water than seemed to get past electrical tape and the hid harness moisture seal made everything go bad. anyways, the car is up and running, i checked voltage overnight, this morning, and after couple of rides, everything is perfect. All i need to do is rewire my Fog HID, my Audi LED, and my favorite (Music Synced footwell LEDS). again, thanks for the sugestions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts