Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,798 Posts
Sorry about your bad luck. Fortunately, everyone can learn from your experiences..

On another note, how do you guys feel about a plastic core support? I know our cars have superior crash ratings, but how well is that thing going to hold up in a front-end collision?
The crash tests tested just that. And it got a great rating, so not sure what you are actually asking...

· Registered
1,798 Posts
I'm talking in respect to the amount of overall vehicle damage. Let's say you have a steel core support and are involved in a front-end collision- you damage your radiator, condenser, etc. With a plastic core support, however, I can see many more parts being damaged.
Most new vehicles are designed to save the passenger by sacrificing the car, crumpling all parts before the passenger compartment to absorb the impact. If they went old school and used steel again then they put the passengers back to more risk. I would rather trash my car in a bad accident and survive, then have insurance or warranty repair it or replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.