·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Enjoy the Raman noodles.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks nice.

Is this a daily driver for you? If so that 6 puck is really going to suck to drive around town.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i just wish i lived closer so i could see all of crocks works in action.
gotta say- he does a lot that some of us just dream on..........

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hahaha you should see his saturn lol it truly has the power to suprise.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Everyone thinks they have a race car that needs a stg 2 or 3. 90% of the time its overkill. I am by no means saying I fault anyone for doing it, but in reality its complete overkill. An Ion or a Forte will never make stg 3 power and be road worthy on the frame they are on now. They won't even make stg 2 power without extensive work. Unless the stock clutch is complete trash and slips then it will handle more power than most people here will ever see. Not looking for an argument. just sayin.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update I finished putting everything back together a couple hours ago. I turned it on and seem fine. I will drive it tomorrow and start my brake in period.

·
Registered
708 Posts
That's your opinion. I doubt you sit in traffic much then.

And is this in the Saturn? Why in the world would you need a stg 3 in an Ion? If you daily drive it you'd have a hard time convincing me you'd even NEED a stg 2.
i DD the car with 360 wtrq+ with the plan of having well over 400 wtrq ... kthxbai.. i drive 2 hours to see my gf every other weekend.. which is 1/2 highway.. i drive through downtown new haven.. i drive 30 mins to work every day .. it's perfectly fine to DD it almost feels like stock.. it's slightly stiffer then stock and has a slightly higher engagement (it's more like an on off switch too) but people forget it's not just the clutch that plays into the clutch being harder to dd.. it's also the TOB ..

the stg 3 clutch is rated for 480 trq if i start pushing 400+ wtrq.. like i plan i'll be pushing that real close to the limit..

not to mention the stock kia clutch handled about 350+ wtrq .. and you're saying that the stock clutch sucks?

not to mention .. there are ions/ cobalts that have pushed out 600.. and one or 2 that have pushed over 800 whp.. on stock frame.. so your point is totally moot..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
not to mention the stock kia clutch handled about 350+ wtrq .. and you're saying that the stock clutch sucks?
Nope... That's not what I said at all. please re-read.

Unless the stock clutch is complete trash and slips then it will handle more power than most people here will ever see.

not to mention .. there are ions/ cobalts that have pushed out 600.. and one or 2 that have pushed over 800 whp.. on stock frame.. so your point is totally moot..
Must be no fun having no grip and spinning tires all day.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im in no way allowing my thread to hit the bed over an argument. Im just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yea take that shit to privat messages lol don't kill this awesome thread

1 - 20 of 24 Posts