Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all of you with issues with your cruise control and other ECU related issues, I feel your pain. I've taken my Forte (bought in late August 09) to Huffines McKinney 8 times now because of the Cruise Control.

I found out just earlier today that Kia USA doesn't even have a fix for it and so have basically been told that there's nothing anyone can do. Does anyone out here know what my legal stance would be on expecting to be able to return the car or get some sort of compensation for these issues?

At the moment, the dealership is supposed to be valuing the car for trade-in for me as it was calmest thing I could manage to tell them when they rang. Any advice ASAP would be truly appreciated.

Cheers,

tbrunt.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is a fix, I had it done to my car. Just tell them to look, instead of asumming there is no fix.

There is some kind of "Lemon Law" but not really sure on the details of how it works. I would call Kia corperate and make a formal complaint.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There is a fix, I had it done to my car. Just tell them to look, instead of asumming there is no fix.

There is some kind of "Lemon Law" but not really sure on the details of how it works. I would call Kia corperate and make a formal complaint.

i dunno- i think we got another spam leak happening...................

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another spam leak?

Also - can you let me know which dealership you found your fix with? That way, maybe I can get the muppets at Huffines Kia McKinney to give them a bell and talk to them about how they resolved it.

My case manager told me that the technicians at Kia US are working diligently on finding a solution to the problem. Amazing how the weather is the supposed issue, yet when Texas had 12 degree temperatures last week, the cruise control would work... Magic.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
139 Posts
occasionally i have to tap my brakes to get it to let me set the speed, like somehow the brake is being applied ever so gently prior to doing it. i personally think it just needed to be reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts