Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! :) im new here, first post! Just picked up my koup sx (black) 4 days ago.... I fucking love it!

anywho - i was searching ebay and found this pretty sick looking custom billet grille set - does anyone have this installed and/or know if this is worth the cash-ola? ;)

KIA FORTE KOUP 2010 2011 CUSTOM BILLET GRILLE GRILL : eBay Motors (item 160487283445 end time Oct-29-10 16:40:34 PDT)

I'm def looking to modify a few things here within the coming months such as emblems, wheel caps, lights (HID), grille and more. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has this sucker - if you do, please tell me if you like it! Personally, i think it looks pretty B.A.

many thanks in advance for your input!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
totally worth it! i bought mine after another member put it on her car and its real awesome. i will say that it is an overlay. i thought it'd be a whole grill but its not :) either way, it looks sweet!

2,213 Posts
let me be the first to say welcome!! and watch your mouth, theres kids on here!! nah im kidding, curse all you want! lol i dont have that grill, but my gf has it on her scion tc. takes like 2 seconds to put on. real easy! but its all about your personal prefrence! and one thing i found out about this forum... dont ask for oppinions! lol everyone has diffrent tastes so you'll rarely get someone who agrees with you. if you think it looks nice on your car, do it!

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy bejesus thats some quick responses!!! thanks for your input guys! I like the grille however i think it would look better if that top grille line was a complete line rather than split :/ AND the fact it's a pop-in doesn't tickle my fancy... (didn't notice this be4) i don't like how you can see the original grille/kia emblem behind it :/

I have a black koup and Im not sure where I want to got with the colors yet... not sure if I want to go all black (rims, fogged tails and headlights etc) OR if I should leave it open for a touch of red.... uggh so many options! :) Thanks for the friendly welcome koupers!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya i wasnt thrilled about it being a overlay either at first but i put it on and love it. as far as seeing the original grille behind it, i really cant on mine. and you have to cut out the kia emblem before you instal it :)

Attachments

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and let me also say.... i want the SX-R package! i love everything about that kit - the small spoiler, side skirts, front mount ... it's sooo nice! I asked my dealer about it last week when I was signing papers and they had no fking clue what i was talking about hahaha

btw - IF i do get the R kit (if it ever comes to the states!) I prob will opt out of the lowering kit option.... I previously owned a 99 eclipse and I lowered it with eibachs.... worst decision ever. Hate driving like an old woman over speed bumps + the occasional "sccccrraaaaaaappppeeee" when entering business and other places with huge ass steep entrances. :/

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i wasnt thrilled about it being a overlay either at first but i put it on and love it. as far as seeing the original grille behind it, i really cant on mine. and you have to cut out the kia emblem before you instal it :)
hmmmm.... well i must say it does look pretty darn sexy.. i see you opted for the black finish... (unless my eyes are starting to suck) lol

do you ever notice any rattling while driving coming from the grille? does it ever come loose? is it a nice snug fit?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya its pretty snug and i havnt noticed any rattling at all. and yes i decided to pay the extra 45 bucks to get it powder coated matte black :)

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
r kit is available in the states bru.
its about 2 grand tho and unpainted
ouch... yeah i figured it would be pretty costly.... that's some bs that it's 2 g's and unpainted. fuckers. :p

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I have a black koup and Im not sure where I want to got with the colors yet... not sure if I want to go all black (rims, fogged tails and headlights etc) OR if I should leave it open for a touch of red.... uggh so many options! :) Thanks for the friendly welcome koupers!
Check out Khonshu's EX Koup in the October Koup of the Month thread... His is black with some nice, subtle red pinstriping around the wheels and grille.

Oh, and welcome!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts