Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered NeoSupreme material. It's a little thick for the rear split seat. Pulling the rear bench was really easy with just 2 bolts and 2 front finger clips.

There was one bad stitch on the rear of the front passenger seat. So that'll have to be fixed locally.

Pros: Front seats fit very well and include slot for side air bag. Pretty good look.

Cons: Split 60/40 fit is average at best, fit is too snug due to thickness of material. NeoSupreme fabric is still off gassing manufacturing process---Rotten Eggs anyone :(.

driver_seat.jpg
bad_stitch.jpg

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Did you stitch all this yourself? Did it come pre-fitted? Great job! I have zero sewing skills so this is very impressive!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tho I can sew on a machine, there is no way I could undertake such a job large job without a jig or patterns. I ordered the covers from coverking/covers4auto. There are several materials available.

I selected the NeoSupreme as I thought it was best suited for my needs. It is relatively thick compared to some materials. Total cost was $300 US, $150 for front and $150 for rear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
They look really good , much nicer than your stock seats . I wonder if they'll look that good after a couple of months use .

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm looking at their site and they don't have the Forte or Koup listed so what vehicle did you select for the fitment cause it looks like a perfect fit... I'm looking at the Leatherette or real leather since I didn't pay the extra $2,000 in the first place..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Orangecrush, my guess is that the Forte is too new, and/or the coverking website has been slow to update. The Forte is listed at covers4auto which is where I placed the order.

I forgot to add the payment appears to be overseas (HongKong), so there is a foreign transfer fee. That said the covers are sewn somewheres in California. The tracking order feature on the covers4auto site doesn't work, so one needs to call their 1-800 number to track the invoice.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Oh ok.. Thanks!! I was just looking at the coverking website... Checkin it out now...

·
Registered
71 Posts
though those do look like a good fit i would have gone with a white and black or something that matches your white exterior color. by no means am i knockin your ride though, just seems to clash 2 me, but to each their own right. nice find!

P.s. For anyone else thinking about covers or replacement seats themselves, you can find complete racing seat replacements for that price all over the web right now with rails and harnesses included. Ive seen them range from 200-500, but the ones i saw for 300 were pretty nice though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts