Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here is my Forte sedan with custom emblems. Yes I was heavily inspired by Ylgropers wicked Darth Vader badges. I'm not quite [email protected] enough to do Vader, but the bounty hunter isn't beyond me:)

As you might guess, they're from 24designs.net The emblems are kind of subdued, so I hit them with a couple coats of clear gloss, and then used 3M super strength molding tape (from Autozone) to attach them. Initially I was very concerned that they're not as thick or glitzy as the original KIA emblems, but since I put them on I've been much happier with the look of the car.

As an afterthought I ordered some ST letters from youremblem.com to put in place of the model name. I hope they're not too 'over the top'.

Anyhow I thought I'd post it up to help keep people thinking of different things to do, and besides, this corner of the forum has been too quiet:)

Be Safe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As you might guess, they're from 24designs.net The emblems are kind of subdued, so I hit them with a couple coats of clear gloss, and then used 3M super strength molding tape (from Autozone) to attach them. Initially I was very concerned that they're not as thick or glitzy as the original KIA emblems, but since I put them on I've been much happier with the look of the car.

!
How are your emblems holding up to this day and are you still happy with the look. I ordered a pair from there and like you said they are thin and not up to the quility of the original emblems, and i was wondering if you still like them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm more than satisfied with the badges. I've run them through the automatic car wash 4 times now (cuz I'm lazy like that) and they're fine (I'll double check that when it's light out). The two coats of clear gloss that I hit them with were almost certainly a good idea. There's no way to be sure, but I don't think you'll regret the emblems, the originality factor is quite high. I still can't help but grin every time I see them.

Now if I could just set aside the cash to get the windows tinted, I'll have the perfect ride:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm more than satisfied with the badges. I've run them through the automatic car wash 4 times now (cuz I'm lazy like that) and they're fine (I'll double check that when it's light out). The two coats of clear gloss that I hit them with were almost certainly a good idea. There's no way to be sure, but I don't think you'll regret the emblems, the originality factor is quite high. I still can't help but grin every time I see them.

Now if I could just set aside the cash to get the windows tinted, I'll have the perfect ride:)
Thank you for the response. I'll just throw some clear on them and see how they turn out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts