Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my custom shaved/filled/painted engine cover I just finished!!...Alot of time went into making this thing perfect, but I'm VERY satisfied with the final result!!:)...What do you guys think of it!!

FILLED WITH PLASTIC REPAIR

SANDED/PRIMED

UNDER-COAT/PAINTED BLACK

PAINTED RED/REMOVED DECAL

CLEAR COAT/ON CAR

CLEAR COAT/ON CAR

CLEAR COAT/ON CAR

·
Registered
204 Posts
All I have to say is wowwie wow wow!!! That looks super nice man. Now it's time for you to make one for meeeeeee pleeeeease ;) It's nice wqhen you have ythe tools and knowledge to do stuff like this.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man!!!:eek: That looks very nice! You did a great job! Did you make the decal too? That is super sweeeeeet! Hope you don't mind if I copy off you someday:eek:.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Good job !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I have to say is wowwie wow wow!!! That looks super nice man. Now it's time for you to make one for meeeeeee pleeeeease ;) It's nice wqhen you have ythe tools and knowledge to do stuff like this.
Thanks!!:)...Yeah like I said it took awhile to make this thing...I like to be different and I figured no one had tried this yet, so I did!!...It's all just a matter of shaving the old letters out, filling in the section, sanding, priming, and painting!...Just time consuming! Lol :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great did you get the paint , for the last coat from the dealership??
I actually work in a dealship that has Ford/KIA/Hyundai/Suzuki...I work in the bodyshop as a mechanic, I had the paint guys mix up DRR (racing red) :)...Perks of working there!!

Man!!!:eek: That looks very nice! You did a great job! Did you make the decal too? That is super sweeeeeet! Hope you don't mind if I copy off you someday:eek:.
Thanks!...I had the decal guy at my dealership cut that decal, he was able to find the exact writing as the Koup emblem on the trunk!!...I love it!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I absolutely loveee it! I wish you could do that for me one day!! I need some color under the hoood!!! Could I ship you my engine cover and you do that for me? :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I absolutely loveee it! I wish you could do that for me one day!! I need some color under the hoood!!! Could I ship you my engine cover and you do that for me? :p
Thanks!...Maybe somedayyy...Along with that spoiler that would have gotten painted correctly the first time!! Lol

CopueWithA"K" --- You had to know you'd get some fan mail about that!
Hahaha yeah, as I said, I dont think anyone has tried this one before!... +1 vote for originality for next month's FOTM!?!? :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Thanks!...Maybe somedayyy...Along with that spoiler that would have gotten painted correctly the first time!! Lol

Hahaha yeah, as I said, I dont think anyone has tried this one before!... +1 vote for originality for next month's FOTM!?!? :D
Yeahhhh! :D Its amazing!!! Def +248340784 for originality and luckiness for working for a dealership! Soooo lemme ship my engine cover to ya right now!! :D Lollllzzz.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeahhhh! :D Its amazing!!! Def +248340784 for originality and luckiness for working for a dealership! Soooo lemme ship my engine cover to ya right now!! :D Lollllzzz.
LMAO!!!...I would but I'm actually going on a cruise next week for a 2 week long vacation!...Yessssss lol...We'll talk when I get back and I'm all fried like a lobster, or racing red!!! Hahahaha!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
LMAO!!!...I would but I'm actually going on a cruise next week for a 2 week long vacation!...Yessssss lol...We'll talk when I get back and I'm all fried like a lobster, or racing red!!! Hahahaha!!
HAHAHAHA!!! Fantastic. :) Loved that joke. HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE! I'm so jealous.... Blargh, I'm jealous of your lifeeee! Lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
nice freaking Job!!!
WOOOW, great detail here.. and nice paint its perfecto!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Think you could maybe make some extra cash doing this, im sure you would have at least 10 to do if we could ship them to you :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts