Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For now it's just a mock up. I didn't want to go back to the exhaust manifold, but I didn't want to get rid of my foglight. For now it's a SRI but a little bit too short. If my memory serves me right, it is fairly close to the length of the SRI that Steed Provided for the 2007 Ford focus, so I'm not too worried. I've driven it around and enjoyed the sound and throttle response. Really only improvements are length and reconnected the PCV to the intake, the air breather is not a permant stay... at least for what I have in mind. The stock air box is still in, empty and disconnected to serve it's purpose as ECU mount.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
camera kind of sucks, not sure the quality of sound would be too good. very throaty though. reading reciept... air breather # 3996, elbow # 8738, filter #8166. My issue with the elbow is that unlike the full on intake tube that spectre sells, the elbows are all plastic... however, so far it's kept cool and has had no ill effects... like melting or chipping. That's why I said *in progress* lol. I'm going to have a buddy of mine help me out with basically copying the elbow just with metal(aluminum). probably make it a bit longer and with a bung for the PCV, although it doesn't seem to need it.

just looked up those part numbers on http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG and they do match up with full pictures. the elbow is chrome plated ABS.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Spectre does make aluminum bends, the part number for the 45 is 9449. There are other bends as well.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice man and dont worry about the spectre stuff. Ive been driving around with it for the past 8 months, no problems

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it handled now, just gonna wait a bit to do the final work. I totally forgot I have the same kind of piping with tons of bends in it powder coated black. My Injen IC piping I took of my Cobalt lol. It will work just fine and may give me a bit more length away from the TB, which I gotta say is bigger than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry again, I do not have a video of this. I will work on it for you as I honestly think it sounds great and don't want you to just assume I'm talkin' out of my arse.

On the up side, I talked to spectre performance and although they do not have a kit specifically for the car they gave me a list of parts need to make a CAI.

QTY 1 94990 3” aluminum 90° elbow with 6” leg
QTY 1 8771 coupler/reducer 3”-3”
QTY 1 9499 3” aluminum 90° elbow
QTY 1 9712 or 9713 vacuum/sensor fittings with grommets (depending on size of your breather hose, you will have to measure it)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the stubby lol... I'm not making a CAI only cause I do not want to hydrolock plus I'm not popping out my foglight for "extra cool air". I am still using what's in the pic, I forgot to buy a metal cutting blade for the saw I'm using so I haven't cut down the Injen piping yet... it actually has the perfect bends.. two 90 degree bends and a long straight section... that would make it a CAI.. so I'm just gonna cut it in half. Again the reason I'm not going backward toward the stock airbox location is it seems to be too close to the exhaust manifold and will probably suck up heated air. right now when I open the hood and touch the tube and filter, they are pretty cool so I at least know now that I am getting cool air

1 - 12 of 12 Posts