Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, just did a custom air intake, used a 2 3/4" -3" coupler for throttle body and connected it to a 90 degree elbow straight to a filter, sounds amazing, and feels slightly more responsive.... then decided to try out the TPS mod, would recommend it to anybody considering it, it really made a considerable difference.

·
Registered
148 Posts
hey everyone, just did a custom air intake, used a 2 3/4" -3" coupler for throttle body and connected it to a 90 degree elbow straight to a filter, sounds amazing, and feels slightly more responsive.... then decided to try out the TPS mod, would recommend it to anybody considering it, it really made a considerable difference.
A difference in what?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The throttle position sensor responds to the accelerator pedal movement. This sensor is a kind of potentiometer that transforms the throttle position into output voltage, and emits the voltage signal to the ECM. In addition, the sensor detects the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feeds the voltage signal to the ECM. The ECM receiving the signal from the throttle position sensor determines idle position of the throttle valve.

basically this modification is upping the idle.. so when you do push the gas, you are giving it more then normal.... and there is a hesitation, or leg in throttle response out of the hole and in between shifts its a common thing people are talking about on this forum and many other forums relating to different vehicles.... and if you dont find a hesitation then thats your opinion.... but dont jump the gun and knock it before you try it! because it DOES make a difference

·
Registered
51 Posts
Since the subject is up let me ask...

I get a sort of hesitation between 25-40ish mph sometimes kind of like it's in too high of a gear and it requires me to give it more gas to accelerate smoothly.

Is this a fix of the TPS mod, or should I go to the shop with it.

I have not been able to determine the exact prerequisites to make it happen everytime... sometimes it happens when I slow quickly and then try to resume speed, sometimes while I am trying to accelerate while keeping the ECO light on (which is sometimes tedious).... so I dunno :confused:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not trying to be snobbish here...the TPS is not being adjusted -- the APS is (Accelerator Pedal Sensor). The Forte's accelerator pedal has a 3/8" travel dead-spot before the throttle responds -- you can adjust this dead spot out -- look for the thread titled "best throttle mod" to find out more.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/1342-best-throttle-mod-ever.html
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/d...63-tps-adjustment-procedure-throttle-mod.html

All along I've been thinking that this was the TPS. I looked at KGIS and you're most definitely right (TPS is in the throttle-body assembly). It's not being snobbish- it's being technically correct. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts