Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Just bought my car last month, I turn 23 today (1/11/2011) and I'm going to the DMV to get a custom plate. I have two choices down already but I would like some ideas for a 3rd choice in case the 1st two get rejected. I was thinking of something related to the car itself, like KDM KOUP, KOUP EX, or something related. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The whole thing must be 7 characters and under including spaces for my state. I'm driving a 2010 Koup EX fyi. Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'd would apply for my custom plate but in Ontario it is $250 for a custom plate. Still not sure yet if I will do it.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Koup was originally my first choice, but I figured everyone else would get it too so I didn't bother... lol ;/
I figured my chances were pretty good since there are practically no Koups in Colorado. Plus here I can request the plate and know if I will get it before I have to pay for it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey guys.

Just bought my car last month, I turn 23 today (1/11/2011) and I'm going to the DMV to get a custom plate. I have two choices down already but I would like some ideas for a 3rd choice in case the 1st two get rejected. I was thinking of something related to the car itself, like KDM KOUP, KOUP EX, or something related. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The whole thing must be 7 characters and under including spaces for my state. I'm driving a 2010 Koup EX fyi. Thank you all!

how bout KOUPEX or KOUPER

·
Registered
513 Posts
In Canada we can have 8 chars..

I'm thinking

EPIC HI5

just that's what I like to do..

·
Registered
519 Posts
i had a lifted dodge ram with a license plate that said UP5K1RT

hahaha everyone loved it

if i get another one for the koup itll prob be something like MVVVMMMV so if anyone calls in my plates im sure they will get confused with all the M's and V's haha

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I got some

NA KOUP (North American KOUP?)
ITSAKIA
SRXKOUP (bodykit)

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies! The first choice is DevilsX (my handle) and second is GN Drive (Gundam reference). I'm sure those won't get rejected but we'll see when I submit it. Turned out the tag office was closed today so I couldn't get it done. Will try again tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
This is my plate...

Just had to have something with a Canadian reference. lol!

FYI, in BC a vanity plate costs $100 then $40 a year to keep it registered.

·
Registered
733 Posts
MY4TEKP
my forte koup

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the kia guy: haha that is clever. I like the Canadian one too. All good choices. I'm gonna head to the tag office right now. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You all will appreciate this, I heard about it on the radio the other day. (this *was* an actual license plate until a few weeks ago)

Apparently this guy got his plate banned for: (1) Encouraging Sexual Acts toward children AND/OR (2) Encouraging Cannibalism

I thought it was pretty awesome; it sucks that some people can't take a joke... those reasons for banning are absurd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts