Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been wanting to do this for a while.. and finally bucked up the strength to go do it today!!! Check it out guys!!! :) I know Thugs and some other ppl have done this.... I was just wanting to post my pics. :p

Getting a much needed wash! :) She looks beautiful!

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's just a personal preference, but I'm not a fan of all-black rims. Primarily that's because there isn't a clear difference, from a distance, between the wheel and the tire. The red stripe solves that problem very nicely! I like it!

Just as an aside, fas93, why do all the houses around you seem to be built up in the air on stilts? Do you live on a flood plain?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just as an aside, fas93, why do all the houses around you seem to be built up in the air on stilts? Do you live on a flood plain?
I live in galveston... basically right on the coast. There are laws and regulations that says if someone lives right on the water like I do... you need to build your house on silts. Just in case it floods during hurricane season... like 2 yrs ago with hurricane ike... the garage will be affected and not the house it self. Unfortunately, when Ike hit... our roof was blown out and the inside of our house was destroyed by the water damage. :( yeah, that was too long winded... LOL

·
Registered
511 Posts
I live in galveston... basically right on the coast. There are laws and regulations that says if someone lives right on the water like I do... you need to build your house on silts. Just in case it floods during hurricane season... like 2 yrs ago with hurricane ike... the garage will be affected and not the house it self. Unfortunately, when Ike hit... our roof was blown out and the inside of our house was destroyed by the water damage. :( yeah, that was too long winded... LOL
Obviously they have their priorities wrong - the house should be on the ground and the garage up in the air! :) Seriously though, car hoists are not that expensive, we have condos here that have lifts installed so they will hold two cars one under the other. I'd be considering something like that if I lived there.

Sorry to hear about your hurricane Ike ordeal, I hope it wasn't too traumatic (of course, how could it NOT be...)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a pinstripe! :) Its the same thing I used from my grill.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah the Red stripe is just enough to set off the wheels!
with your color car this makes it even better!

·
Registered
202 Posts
HEY fas93 HOW LONG AND HOW YOU DO THE LIP ON YOUR RIMS?? ALSO HOW COME YOUR DOOR FRAME LOOKS BLACK, I SEEN THAT ON SOME KOUPS BUT MINE DON'T HAVE THAT

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Looks like one of those rubber or plastic strips on the edge of the door to protect it from scratching / being scratched when it's open.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
some ppl call the black on the door a weather stripping but i got mine so the ends of my doors wouldnt get scratched if i happend to hit something with it while opening the door or somthing. she asked me during our texas meet for streetkiaz and she went and got some. :) i think its like 3 bucks? at autozone or somthing. but make sure you get the one with the 3m strip on it. the others that just go on the end of your doors are CRAP! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly what roknrolr said. I accidentally hit my mother's BMW one day... and I had to get door protectors... lol and what aidensgrand said... i put it off until the meet. :) Lol it's hard to get used to such long doors. So even if i hit someones car with my door it would NOT harm their car or mine. :D And the wheel lip is the pinstriping tape i used for my grill. There is a pic of it here: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...ll-pinstriping-like-golf-gti-9.html#post20003. That's the thread that I started... lol it started the whole pinstriping fad. :) though i'm curious.... i wonder if someone did a different color. So far its been red this whole time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
COOL THANKS GUYS, I'M GOING TO AUTOZONE AND GET BOTH THE WEATHER/PROTECTER STRIP AND THE PINSTRIPING, BUT HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU fas93 AND DID YOU JUST PUT IT LIKE BEING CAREFUL AND TRY TO GET IT NICE AND STRAIGHT OR WHAT???

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh yeahh. I took it real slow, i made sure I cleaned the rim really good. Then I laid the tape really carefully making sure I didn't make any mistakes. But this was after I jacked up the car and removed the inserts. It took me about 4-5 hours, but that was because I am not strong as I used to be and taking the tires off was a pretty intense job with the tools that come with the car. And the door protectors should read surface mount on them. DO NOT get the U shape ones. :) happy modding.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Awesome thankx i'll be shure to do that, ooo and the car looks great by the way, its so cool to know a girl is so in to cars you don't see that often

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol thankkkks! So I've heard... a lot of guys say I'm a "rare species". I've loved cars ever since I was little... and now that I have a car that I can really get into... Lol, the funnnn will never ennnd!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Fas93 might I say you did a splendid job. Good to see you back at it again. Always coming out of no where and making me rethink my cars look. My friend was telling me this scenario about how i will only like my car for like 3 months then be sick of it. You just proved him wrong. Back to the drawing boards for me....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts