Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what you think, is this a good idea??

(sorry for the picture, I copied and pasted it here, hope that isn't a problem)

I think that this mod is a good idea by a couple of things:
1) its cheap and looks good
2) for those that don't want a CAI for being afraid to damage the engine by water this is a great upgrade. vs stock, you will have more throttle response, continue receiving cold outside air by the stock box, so, you will have an increase in performance
3) it can be reversible for warranty
4) don't know what will happen with mpg

please comment, what you think??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I know thats already done, but you think like me?? Is it a good idea?? increase performance??

I want to know if my "analysis" is correct

·
Registered
532 Posts
I really doubt that the stock air box is doing anything because there is no suction on the pipe any more.

Also keep an eye on your filter some people were having problems with the filter falling off with this setup

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have this setup on my Koup and really like the sound and notice a little throttle response. The filter has been on for about 4 months and no problem with it falling off. Just make sure you use a clamp and tighten it down so it won't fall off. I did notice a nice increase in fuel economy too.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I noticed better MPG as well, love the sound and the car does seem to respond better.
Its worth doing, and like you said its easy to change ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really doubt that the stock air box is doing anything because there is no suction on the pipe any more.

Also keep an eye on your filter some people were having problems with the filter falling off with this setup
yeah, I know what you say. But if the box don't be there, it will not have any difference. The purpose is that the cold air that enters through the stock tube, the filter suction it, and the air around also is being suctioned...

I don't know if I'm right, that why I created this thread!!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've been using this mod for a few weeks now and my mileage suffered, a lot. But not because of the mod directly! I just put my foot down a lot more. Last tank I managed 18.6MPG. o_O

I just used some black electrical tape to make sure the filter stayed put and made a good seal. It hasn't fallen off yet.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah, I know what you say. But if the box don't be there, it will not have any difference. The purpose is that the cold air that enters through the stock tube, the filter suction it, and the air around also is being suctioned...

I don't know if I'm right, that why I created this thread!!!
I think you are right,
The motor is going to pull some of its air from the air box.. since it causes its own suction. *and the air filter is hanging right over the old air box*:)

and it will get some air from air traveling in the engine bay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you are right,
The motor is going to pull some of its air from the air box.. since it causes its own suction. *and the air filter is hanging right over the old air box*:)

and it will get some air from air traveling in the engine bay.
thats exactly what I have in mind...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts