Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into building a custom fiberglass sub enclosure to put on the driver side rear of the hatch. It will require trimming or replacing the folding floor, but should make use of the space.

Anyone else done this?
Anyone running a single 10" in a sealed enclosure? How does it sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Hope you find some answers, i've tried looking it up before with no luck

Custom Sub Box

so i searched the forum alot, and searched the internet, but couldn't find any Custom sub boxes. Anyone here made or bought a Custom Subwoofer box/enclosure for the Koup. I was thinking of something to save space. Especially if its fiberglass and goes in the right part of the trunk? I am thinking of something like the ones below? So any one with them in a KOUP

On a Lexus IS with a 12" woofer

and
Honda Accord with a 10" woofer

and in a Jetta

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Kiaforte2010, but I intend to build one.

I was wondering if anyone else has done one and also if anyone had run a single 10".

Best Buy screwed up a vehicle belonging to a friend of mine. I don't even buy wire from there.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
best buy is also over priced. good luck with building the enclosure. if you need any video guides i've got some i can link you too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I was an installer A LONG time ago...the size of amps today blows my mind. LOL

Have you seen the spare tire well? That's begging for a 12" sub. It's DEEP. I am going to rethink this enclosure thing.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks. I was an installer A LONG time ago...the size of amps today blows my mind. LOL

Have you seen the spare tire well? That's begging for a 12" sub. It's DEEP. I am going to rethink this enclosure thing.
you could easily put 2 10's or 8's in there. 8's are getting a lot better in quality.
but good luck. wheel well box would be cool. better than mine(battery in there)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Noodile.

Justin, I am thinking that I will be able to keep the spare tire, move the tools and jack to the storage pocket, etc...or go the Hyundai route and put fix a flat with a 12V pump...

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Thanks Noodile.

Justin, I am thinking that I will be able to keep the spare tire, move the tools and jack to the storage pocket, etc...or go the Hyundai route and put fix a flat with a 12V pump...
if you're gonna go that route, watch out cause i heard fix-a-flat destroys TPMS, so you're gonna need to get a new sensor after every flat

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks Noodile.

lookin forward to seenin this finished

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I had wondered the same thing. The fix a flat folks claim to be sensor safe and will work with customers if the stuff kills a sensor.

The one time we used it on a focus, it didn't harm the sensor. Or it did and we don't know yet. Yikes...

That's what roadside is for... :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
since most flats are straight on the thread (best case scenario) buy a tire plug kit, keep a knife or scissors handy back there, and a pump... then you have nothing to worry about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts