Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 EX was damaged by the 150+ mph winds in Louisiana when Ida ripped a path of destruction. Her paint was sandblasted and chipped by the wind, the window vents are damaged, the side mirror cracked, the back driver passenger door window is destroyed.

Registered
Insurance going to cover it?

Hurricanes are fun...NOT!

Registered
Insurance probably will tell you that it's and act of God and won't cover it. Wouldn't surprise me at all. "Oh, we're sorry, but you didn't take out a hurricane policy with us."

Registered
2021 Forte LX
Sounds like a bit of damage, let us know what your insurance does. Private insurance is mostly a scam, maybe they will do the right thing however. Hope all goes well.

Registered
Ida know if your insurance will pay for the repairs. Depends if you have hurricane/tornado insurance.

You can always go to the junk/salvage yard & find a Forte5 rear window & diy.

Registered
How long do you think that plastic trash bag is going to hold up? I'm sure it'll keep would be thieves from breaking in to your car, though! I'd do what mobileterminaluser suggested and hit a salvage yard ASAP. That way, IF your insurance company covers it, they can cut you a check and you can pocket the difference.

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long do you think that plastic trash bag is going to hold up? I'm sure it'll keep would be thieves from breaking in to your car, though! I'd do what mobileterminaluser suggested and hit a salvage yard ASAP. That way, IF your insurance company covers it, they can cut you a check and you can pocket the difference.
The trash bag will probably make it till at least next year, it's a Hefty brand sack with the multi-ply layers. I'm a supply boat captain in the Gulf of Mexico, so unfortunately I can't get up there to do anything about it. As far as thieves go, only honest people live in the Leezyanna bayou.

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ida know if your insurance will pay for the repairs. Depends if you have hurricane/tornado insurance.

You can always go to the junk/salvage yard & find a Forte5 rear window & diy.
I'm pretty sure my insurance covers all that. This will be the first time I've had hurricane damage though, but I do remember when I added flood insurance for just a few dollars a month. It was well worth it, so I'm pretty positive I have the full deal. If not, then that insurance company will be losing an old and well liked customer lol!!!!!!

Registered
2021 KIA LXS
Hope insurance treats you well
I also survived IDA and my Forte survived also no damages to the Forte, but roof lost a few shingle, fence fell, small tree in front yard fell and no power for 10 days, this is my first time on the site since Aug 31

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope insurance treats you well
I also survived IDA and my Forte survived also no damages to the Forte, but roof lost a few shingle, fence fell, small tree in front yard fell and no power for 10 days, this is my first time on the site since Aug 31
Well that's good news about your Forte, the shingles and fence are a small price to pay. I'm going to look into gettin g a Generac at the new house because power outages can happen anywhere.

Registered
Well that's good news about your Forte, the shingles and fence are a small price to pay. I'm going to look into gettin g a Generac at the new house because power outages can happen anywhere.
If you do decide on a Generac make sure to look into the service capabilities in your area!!! My parents had a Generac at their Home in Northeast Texas and it took more then 2 months to get service because there was no "technician" in the local area. (and that was before COVID!)

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you do decide on a Generac make sure to look into the service capabilities in your area!!! My parents had a Generac at their Home in Northeast Texas and it took more then 2 months to get service because there was no "technician" in the local area. (and that was before COVID!)
Good thinking. I sure do appreciate that advice.

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
N
On a forum that I am a member whose members are local to Louisiana the recommendation is Kohler over Generac
Thank you for the information. I will be checking them out. Like right now lol! Oh and my claims adjuster contacted me and they will check out the car. More to come as it progresses.

Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, so the claims adjuster went out to check out my car. Waiting on the verdict.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts