Kia Forte Forum banner

Damn! what kind of car is that?

3K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  jarret_g 
#1 ·
Just a little story about the the Koup and it's looks.

Every morning I grab my morning coffee @ Tim's and have my coffee inside my car as I listen to some music. For the last 2 weeks I have had so many people come up to me to ask what it is? I tell them believe it or not it's a Kia. They usually don't believe me.

Now owning a 350Z for many years I can tell you that a received alot of compliments on it, but nothing like on the Koup. I have had guys back up going through drive thru just to ask what it is? This morning a Bell guy parked with 5 Bell trucks grabbing their moring coffee comes up to me and say " What kinda car is that?, me and my co-workers have been here for the last 2 weeks trying to figure out what it is because we can't keep our eyes off of it. Then he says "You made an awesome choice man!"(I would write more, but it's getting winded) You get the idea.

Anyway I'm really surprise how many people love this car.

Cheers!

#2 ·
That's really awesome :) I don't think anyone really expected Kia to come up with the forte and how nice it really is. Unfortunately, the most frequent comment I've gotten is that it looks like Civic. I long for the day a stranger asks me what kind of car I have :)

Oh and I love z's :D

#3 ·
I had a security guard at the movie theater pull up to my car when I was heading out to my car. The security guard pulled up and said, "I've been looking at your car all night on my patrols, what kind of car is that?!" I told him it was a Kia and he had the most surprised look on his face. I had a guy pull up to me at a red light and told me that my car looked "amazing" and that he really liked the color. Then for some weird reason we both ended up going to the same store and it was really awkward. Haha then I was at Dunkin Donuts and some guy walked out of the store and told me my Koup was the reddest car he had ever seen. And plus it's sooo much easier to flirt with girls in the Koup too. Well in the Koup and driving next to girls on the road.

Btw here's my favorite trick with my Koup.. Turn the heated seat on when the person next to you isn't paying attention. ..."Why is my butt so warm?"

#10 ·
A guy at the tollbooth said mine was the bluest car he'd ever seen. I still get looks and "Wow, what a good looking car"!

#11 ·
I've been driving mine for almost 6 months and it still turns heads everywhere.
The Koup is like nothing else on the road. From young to old, I constantly have people ask me what I'm driving. Some just stare at it until I disturb them by telling them..."not bad for a Kia!". response: "Wait, is that what it is!?!? ....wow!"
...and I go on my way with a big smirk.
There's a rice rocket Timmies location I stop off at once and awhile at night and the looks I get are priceless.

#24 ·
Blah, don't get a genesis. They play it off like a sports car comparable to a mustang....a sports car it is not.

The turbo in the Genesis just doesn't give it the "kick" that it needs and it feels weird. The forte is a much better car. Sure the Genesis might be quicker but FWIW the forte is an all-around better car.

#18 ·
I had a woman in a Forte Sedan drive all around my Koup while I was on the highway. I'm assuming she was 45ish, but she literally drove all around me and tried to get my attention. She ended up driving in front of me and turning her head all the way around and looked at me and smiled. LOL my buddy in his 2010 Scion tC behind me was like what is going on with this Forte Sedan. But in all honesty it's good to see other drivers, Forte Koups or Sedans on the road. Sometimes it irks me to see Forte Sedan drivers that drive past me and not even acknowledge I have a modded Koup version of their sedan lol

#21 ·
Good stuff everyone! Ive had so many people every where askin me what kind of car I have....and still do! Thats why I made the sig below months ago...lol:D I cant wait to say " Yea! Its turbo too!"

#22 ·
Apparently, there are a lot more observant people in Atlanta then I have ever given credit for. Everyone is like "That's a sweet looking ride!" and I respond with "Yeah, and it's a KIA too." Not many people are that suprised, there just "Yeah, I saw the wheels", DOH!!!! I need to debadge everything ASAP just to mess with people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.