Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
That looks way to dark. It may be from lots of stop and go driving in the city where the engine has not warmed up to evaporte the excess moisture.

Change the oil. It's only 20 buxs... geezeee

I don't understand the need to go so long between oil changes, it's so cheap and only takes 15 mins....

· Registered
202 Posts
Wow, calm down, i am asking because its only been 1800 miles, i expect at least 3000 from it.
yeah sorry for the remark, just a little frustrated at at the oil change threads. :eek:

I'm not directing this at you or anyone but doing regular oil changes is a very cheap insurance policy for you engine. I used to race so I fully understand how important your oil quality is to your engines moving parts and with todays high output engines it is even move critical. The higher rpm engines of today, more so if you race the engine close to red line, creates at lot more heat which will cause most oils to break down faster. When the oil companys decided to remove most of the detergent from the oil, sludge is being formed in engines under 30,000 miles. Changing your oil more frequent is the only way I know to ensure you have lubrication.

Engines that never warm up cause sludge and engines that run hot all the time breaks the oil down.

I'm done my rant...:(

· Registered
202 Posts
Hope you got the coolant leak fixed. My point being that if you had not done a oil test you more than likley woud have run your oil longer with high antifreeze levels, which could hurt the engine and impead the oils ability to perform.

I hope everyone here reads the fine print of your oil test. What if your engine has a small un-noticed coolant leak ????

Plus doing a test proves nothing other than after the fact. I don't want to get into a pissing match with the subject as each to their own, but for a 20 dollar oil change is not alot of money.

I don't know of anyone who goes out and has their used engine oil tested on a regular basics other than if they suspect a engine problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.