Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After picking up the SX last Friday I already need a minor repair as the switch on the dome light does not work so they do no come on when I open the door.

However, I also noticed there is a ring around the large center climate control dial. Is this ring suppose to light up lihe the one around the temp control knob? If so I need to add it to the repair list. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm not exactly sure about the second question, but take it back to the dealer. They should be more then willing to fix the problems since it's a new car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
After picking up the SX last Friday I already need a minor repair as the switch on the dome light does not work so they do no come on when I open the door.

However, I also noticed there is a ring around the large center climate control dial. Is this ring suppose to light up lihe the one around the temp control knob? If so I need to add it to the repair list. :D
thats too funny- my switch broke the 1st couple of days on my SX also
it just kinda wiggles around in there now.
hmmm. on #2- i'll look tomorrow morning when i go to work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup thats what mine does...wiggles but no action. However, I havent had the chance to use it since I just got the car last Friday and it came that way. Minor fix im sure.

The only reason I ask about the second light is cause it has the same small ring that the upper 2 outter control knobs have...and they light up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lol- i think my door on/off switch worked a day or two before it went all wiggley-
but then of course- when i bought my SX it still had the plastic wrap on it :)
i guess when they did the PDI they really worked the shit out of that switch.......
but- i don't care - it should be an easy fix for the dealership........
oh yeah- one thing i gotta ask- you got an SX that was built for the US and not Canada......correct? cuz you said- climate control- and as far as i know- US car-no climate control- just AC/Heater- whereas Canadians (and some other countries) have "climate control"

·
Registered
48 Posts
my door on/off switch was wiggley as well and i brought it back to the dealer... they said they'll need to order the part to replace it... in the mean time, i opened it up and pushed it back in place, now its always in the "on" position...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Regarding your second question; no the center climate control knob does not have a red ring backlight although it does have a red ring around it (like the two stereo knobs)- it just doesn't light up. Strange but true.

Both manual climate and Canadian auto climate center knobs do not have a red ring light up around it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regarding your second question; no the center climate control knob does not have a red ring backlight although it does have a red ring around it (like the two stereo knobs)- it just doesn't light up. Strange but true.

Both manual climate and Canadian auto climate center knobs do not have a red ring light up around it.
Thanks for checking on that. It was just weird to me but now I know everyone is weird just the same then I'm ok with it. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts