Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
need help on how to remove the dash so i can get to the back of the radio.
thanks
Hi zednelem14!
You can register on this site: Kia Global Information System (KGIS)
it's free.
Once you can log in, then you should go to:
Service materials, then Service info, and put Model Year, and Engine.
Then click on replace, and on Audio unit.
Last on Removal and you are!
There you have all the instructions needed with pics.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pull out the 2 ac vents on either side. There are 4 screws holding the faceplate to the actual head unit. Then you just pull out the bottom.

I wish I would have known this before i just ripped out the faceplate, and getting a whole lot of screwdriver marks up and down the leather on either side of it.....

BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK THAT BAD!!!!

i swear.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How do you get the vents out without the vent puller? I went to my service department and apparently they do not have one. Anyone try this on there own yet?

·
Registered
318 Posts
get 2 hook like screwdriver things and put one on top and bottom and pull gently

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have both air vents removed and the four screws holding the radio removed, but it won't budge? any suggestions?
pull harder

·
Registered
12 Posts
I made my own tool from a coat hanger referencing the pic in this thread. I stick it into the air vents and the hooks get caught between where the plastic ends and the metal begins. I pull on it pretty hard and it doesn't budge. From the instructions on the kia tech site it seems like there aren't any clips holding the vents in place so I don't understand what's holding it in place. If there is anyone who has done this before can you try to describe how much force you had to use and if I'm hooking it on the right spot.

·
Registered
532 Posts
mine was extremely hard to do i actually started to rip the plastic from where my hooks were i wouldnt want to do it again

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried the coathanger thing in the summer, didnt work. My good ol cousin scratched the trim from the vent to the volume knob and broke off the little vent adjusters :(

Good news is my dealer will take the vents out for me no charge, they just have to locate their tool between their 2 dealerships

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.