Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So with my small trips for work, I really hate writing down the millage each time I go out. Plus odo does not have the MPG option which I like to have, saves the all important pennies. I have a ScanGauge II on my truck where I get all the information off of the ODB port, nice to have the display but there is no data logging option (they have talked about it for years, still nothing). So I am thinking of going with the Davis CarChip, it doesn't have a display but it has plenty of memory for logging. Plus the Eco light will help me out a little for getting more MPG's

Anyone else using the Davis CarChip? Any thoughts on it?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Was just reading up on the Davis Carchip and you can use it as a tattle-tale if you let your kids drive the car :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, no iPhone, living in the dark ages with my BlackBerry 7900g. Damn, that app is impressive too, but my wife also uses the car, just won't work out for me.

As for a tattle-tale device, your spot on. A buddy of mine has this on his Passat, lends his car to a co-worker for a few days and now, lets just say they are no longer friends :rolleyes:

CarChip is $59 on Amazon, so at that price, its worth a shot. Ill report back with a small review if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think there is one for the standard CarChip (8226) as its USB only appears to have no other screen connector. Davis do have some "Fleet Solutions" which have displays, guess thats going to be lots of $$$'s and there are $300+ better solutions out there which have both a display and a SD card slot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts