Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys here is some pics of my DDM Tuning 6000K slim Hid kit Install. I'll post some more pics once it gets dark out here and I can aim them, and take a pic of the cutoff.

All and all pretty east to do, had to modify the DDM H11 harness and drill a hole in the dust cap, but that's it!

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you have to modify your harness?

I had to cut off the H11 plug that was on the DDM kit and i put on some Male Disconnects, so that the fit into the Factory H11b socket.

There was a few different ways the this could have been done, could have got some H11 pigtails and splice into the factory wiring, or cut off the socket and do it the way i did.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might have to be done, they look like crap now, compared to the nice white light from those HIDs :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice install. I wonder if DDM changed their kit??? Aside from having to drill the hole in the dust cover, it was a plug and play mod for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they told me that their kit may come with the H11 connector it may not, mine did, so I had to cut it off, im sure there was a way to remove the connector and leave the pins but I couldnt figure it out, so I cut it off.

·
Registered
320 Posts
they told me that their kit may come with the H11 connector it may not, mine did, so I had to cut it off, im sure there was a way to remove the connector and leave the pins but I couldnt figure it out, so I cut it off.
Mine had the H11 connectors too...no wire cutting. :confused:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Mine had the H11 connectors too...no wire cutting. :confused:
How did you connect them to the stock H11B connector? You had to do something to them?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
added some pics of the cutoff, sorry for the quality, took them with my cell phone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The cutoff looks pretty good for non projector headlight housing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
is the one picture with stock lights and other with hids? it doesnt look too bad .. there is bleed over but it's definitely better then alot of other lights

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both pics of the cutoff are of the HID's the cutoff is actually better than it looks in the pics. i used my cell phone for them so there is no way to control the shutter and aperture, so alot of extra light shown. there is one pic of the headlights where the left one is HID and the right is stock.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I removed the entire headlight assembly, they are much easier to work on that way.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Look at the pics in my how-to thread.
I did, and all i see is 2 pins stuck into the stock connector.

So you had to removed the H11 Connector that came on the HID Kit. I couldnt figure out how to remove it, so I cut it off.

So your above statement that it was totally plug and play is not exactly true, you have to remove the connector, the same as me, but I decided to cut it off, and crimp on some male disconnects.

Same difference to me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts