Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm debating on getting the 6000k slim 35w H11's plus the h1 harness from DDM.....I seen a couple of you guys have these on your Fortes and I was wondering if any one has a trustworthy overall review of the bulbs over a named brand like Mcullough? With the DDM's have you noticed any problems with flickering or interference with your car radio? I installed HID's on all of my other past cars and I had problems with the flickering and the radio stations would be all staticy (probably the location of the ballast had something to do with that) but the flickering should have never happened with the one bulb after a month.... So yeah basically my question is since putting in the DDMs have you had any problems whatsoever?

Im looking to purchase these tonight so your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also while I'm at it!

Quick poll

For the low beams
or

Thank you - DINSPIRED1

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I installed them last week, I got the 4500k hoping for pure white and there is still a faint sign of "blue"... They are really bright and there is a lot of glare coming from the headlamps. I haven't had any flickering problems or radio problems of any sort. They have a life time warranty.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have had some flickering when turning them on, BUT I didnt get the harness. I have ordered it since...

but other than that, no issues. and a Lifetime warranty

·
Registered
320 Posts
Been running the DDM 55w slim ballast 5000k kit with the harness since December with no issues. No flickering, only one bulb igniting, radio interference...etc.

Just be sure to specify that it's for a Forte with H11b bulbs so that you get the right connectors and don't have to cut any wires. I have a write up in the how-to section with part numbers and lots of pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts