Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sry for another hid thread but i have a question and haven't been able to find an answer.
Just received my DDM 35w H11 kit for lows and the two prongs that i need to plug in to the stock twist and snap connector came already in a connector now the question is have a received the wrong kit or am i just supposed to pry them out and if so can anybody tell me the best way to do it.

I would appreciate any incite as this is my first time dealing with hids!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought them on the first and they said they were outa stock then i called and they just said they were outa 5k bulbs so i got 6k and ive looked over the diys a few times but havent been able to find anything on this particular issue.
Thanks for the replys!

·
Registered
356 Posts
look up " HID install Compilation, All useful posts in one thread" its by noodile that maybe helpfull. its under the Kia Forte Engine/ Technical discussions under the DIY section

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Snap a pic if you can. If they are already in a connector it should be as simple as sticking a paper clip in a hole or along the wire to unclip the connectors.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well I guess there are 3 options.

1.) Use that connector and just plug into the stock harness. It may not fit because of the H11 vs H11b but the only diff between the 2 connectors are the small nubs inside the connector. Just shave them off and you are good. (Refer Here: Munky's '09 F24S)

2.) Remove that connector from the wires. You'd need to free the clips on the ends of each conductor and remove from the connector itself. It would be a matter of sticking something thin in there to free the clip. Then stick those where the HID thread shows.

3.) Cut the connector off and strip and reinstall blades to do as HID thread does.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just forced the prongs outa the connector and they are now installed cant wait till it gets dark!
Thanks for the input everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts