Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do these shocks already suck stock? Cars got 4k miles on it and when I hit a pothole I get that "thud" sound like I have a dead strut. I plan on replacing them in the future, but was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I just started hearing it recently due to the fact that there are more potholes in the winter from plowing the snow, but it sounds horrible. The car isn't lowered yet, so the suspension is all stock including rims and the craptastic stock tires. My thing is, I just spent a few grand on new rims and tires for my summer set up and I don't feel like getting blowouts because this suspension can't handle it.

I'd rather not replace the struts and shocks with oem, but with aftermarket. Feed back is much appreciated.

Editors note: if you don't know what you're talking about, please don't post. (meaning no 17 year old kids with no car knowledge who are going to tell me something about how it's my HID kit that's ruining my suspension)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys happen to know if kyb makes shocks and struts for this car yet? I looked on thier website but I was on my phone so I really couldn't tell.

·
Registered
695 Posts
kyb doesnt have anything posted on there site, emailed tein and bilstien and havent heard back from either of them yet. I am looking for some aftermarket struts and shocks. I already have the lowering springs and the ride is a bit rough.

·
Registered
746 Posts
the 2010 forte has twin tube gas struts/shocks according to kia. kyb said they would support the forte a year ago. besides the tsb posted, i thought there was another one for the insulator or bearing.

i have found a suspension company that says they are interested. i'm just not sure how to go about it as i dont think they will be a sponsor here.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I emailed Koni last week, asking them about availability since Kinectic Motorsports Koups are equipped with Koni's. Here's the answer :
Not off the shelf, just the 2817/2812 so far.
2817/2812 are universal racing shocks that you have to custom fit to your car. :(

·
Registered
695 Posts
^^^^ Spam and very random

I wondering if anyone has those coilovers from koreanautoimports, I am wondering if they are worth the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts