Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my Forte EX 2.0L 4spd/auto before the avalanche of October '09 TSBs, and I have been recently following these forums, so I've figured out it needs at least the following service actions:

- SA013: Auto cruise control logic update for uphill driving performance
- SA020: PCM upgrade shift and hesitation delay improvement
- SA023: Fuel cap replacement

I can feel the hesitation in shifting as well as the rather harsh uphill cruise, and I had the car in my possession way before these TSBs ever existed, so I know it's legit. However, the dealer said they could not do any of those service actions for my Forte. They did the Bluetooth display correction (SA014) but nothing else.

Seems like something so simple, but I basically got harassed for even daring to look at KIA Tech Info or research any of this stuff myself. Unless there's something obvious I'm missing, what do I need to say or do to be taken seriously?

·
Registered
973 Posts
did they say if its because your production date or site isnt mentioned in the tsb?my dealer just opened something with my vin that would show any service actions that needed to be done... if its not maybe you need to let kia usa (or canada, idk where you are) so thye expand the tsb to include those
if they are just being dicks then complain to the company about them and itll get corrected, kia's trying to build a better brand image, they cant afford to have shitty dealers right now

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
They go by your VIN #. They input it on to the computer and the computer tells them what needs to be done. If I remember correctly, they have no control over the TSBs that are not designated to your VIN#.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.