Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer today to check out a 2011 forte koup sx but they only had one 2010 model. Is this pretty normal for dealerships not to have the 2011 model yet? I asked a salesman and they said they don't know when they 2011 model will be there and it could be a couple weeks or months. Overall, pretty clueless.

I'm interested in getting the sx with the technology package. Is there a way to order one in the exact specification that I want?

Finally, on the sticker, there was a 1000 dollar dealer markup on the car. That seemed pretty ridiculous to me. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
211 Posts
when i bought my car in dec they only had one 10 sx and like maybe 15 2011 sx my dealer had a 4200 dollar mark up so yeah its normal work some magic on them

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I just talked too my local dealer this thursday , he said they were told the new koups were on the water,
so there starting to ship them out now.. Dealer was guessing 2 or 3 weeks and they'll start showing up!

I just want too see them thats why I asked while I was there :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Runnerup44, Welcome to the forum!

That sucks that they don't have any 11's at the dealer you went to. You can try going to Edmunds.com and doing a dealer search for the exact car you want. It will also show you which options you can get on the SX. A dealer can certainly get the exact car you want, but it might cost more in the end. Do yourself a favor and don't go to the dealer unprepared as far as what these cars are going for in your area. Edmunds will tell you this as well, in the True Market Value section. Sheesh, listen to me, I sound like a commercial :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Runnerup44, Welcome to the forum!

That sucks that they don't have any 11's at the dealer you went to. You can try going to Edmunds.com and doing a dealer search for the exact car you want. It will also show you which options you can get on the SX. A dealer can certainly get the exact car you want, but it might cost more in the end. Do yourself a favor and don't go to the dealer unprepared as far as what these cars are going for in your area. Edmunds will tell you this as well, in the True Market Value section. Sheesh, listen to me, I sound like a commercial :D
Thank you for the tip on edmunds.com. I will definitely take a look at that.

One other question, on the kia website, I noticed that when you select the technology package, it locks out the remote start and homelink autodimming mirror. On other websites (such as edmunds) it does not. Is that just a product of their production process that if you get the technology package, it only comes one way?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bet that if you check on the KIA website description for the tech package, both of those options are probably a part of the technology package, which is why they get grayed out as separate options. I'm not sure on that one, I'll have to check it out. I can't imagine that the tech package wouldn't include those options. I would trust the KIA site over Edmunds in any case.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just talked too my local dealer this thursday , he said they were told the new koups were on the water,
so there starting to ship them out now.. Dealer was guessing 2 or 3 weeks and they'll start showing up!

I just want too see them thats why I asked while I was there :)

kinda wierd...here in PR they showed up late november, got mine 3 days after they were on sale...u can check my pics out, its really not a big difference, just the 6 speed auto!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah I'm guessing since I live in a small town we were not high on the list of got to hurry new koups there locations lol

Thxs Kris

·
Registered
644 Posts
I bet that if you check on the KIA website description for the tech package, both of those options are probably a part of the technology package, which is why they get grayed out as separate options. I'm not sure on that one, I'll have to check it out. I can't imagine that the tech package wouldn't include those options. I would trust the KIA site over Edmunds in any case.
This ^. On Kia's website it does that because you can't get the Tech package WITHOUT those other options. It's the same with the leather package, if you choose that, it greys out the sunroof, because you can only get leather WITH the sunroof. :]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own a 2011 and when I was shopping around last month most dealers in my area had a few. Some even had more 2011s than 2010s. Then again I live in Southern California so we might get some a little earlier due to geography.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts