1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

So i bought a forte koup over the weekend, didn't get it yet cuz of locating it

anyways, my question is i bought this car in PA
I live in NY, if i need to bring my car to get checked out, do i have to go back to the dealership i bought it at or can i just go to a KIA near my place in NY?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
644 Posts
You can have your car serviced at any Kia dealership. :] However if your dealer where you bought it gave you some kind of service agreement, such as free oil changes, etc you probably have to go back to that dealership to claim those.

Enjoy your new car, and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
My guess is either lower taxes, lower price, availability or a combo of those.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
What does
didn't get it yet cuz of locating it
mean? That they are shipping it too you in NY? Are they shipping it to your house or too a local dealer? If they are shipping it to a local dealer then just have it checked out there. Or I'm sure you can take it too any local dealer and they can do a check up for you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How did you buy a car in PA if you live in NY? and why?

I bought my koup in DE and I live in PA. Your state of residence doesn't really matter. You'll still pay the same taxes. It's against the law to do otherwise. You still have to get the car inspected in the state it will be registered in. My dealership reimbursed me after I had it done. Sometimes dealerships close to state borders can do multiple states inspections.

Congrats on the new wheels!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they still charged my NY sales tax, just that they were charging less for the car

dealerships in NY wanted to charge $20k+ and not budging on the negotiating part

they going to ship it back to the same dealership in PA

i just wanted to make sure it's okay to take it to another KIA's mechanic in NY so i don't have to drive all the way back there..since warranty is covered and all

thanks!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Eh all dealer's seem to be different im not sure that anyone on here can help you man =/. I would just let the closest dealer to you know your situation and see what they can do for you. You just want to get it checked up right? Shouldn't be too hard for them.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Yes, you can go to a local Kia dealer but as long as you follow the maintenence schedule and retain all receipts for the work done you can go to any qualified technician or you can do the work yourself such as oil changes. Remember, keep all of your receipts!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, you can go to a local Kia dealer but as long as you follow the maintenence schedule and retain all receipts for the work done you can go to any qualified technician or you can do the work yourself such as oil changes. Remember, keep all of your receipts!
will doing the oil changes myself void the warranty?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts