Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dear turbokits.com I bought the Black label CAI about a month and half ago, and loving every moment of it! but recently when driving even under low acceleration I hear this fluttering sound?! with you extensive knowledge of the forte koup, wondering if you guy could tell me what the sound is, is it normal?, and if its able to be fixed. Im attaching a video.

YouTube - ‪2010 Kia Forte Koup SX, weird fluttering sound. TK CAI.‬‏

not sure how to embed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you talking about the rattle that sounds like rocks hitting the undercarriage at low speed?
no its the fluttering sound between gears changes.\

listen to the sound at 0:09-0:10 in the video.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did. I took it off for the summer. thats what i thought it was first.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Did you check for loose tubing or filter? Also make sure filter hasn't been slid on too far, I guess some filters don't have the inner lip to prevent that. I don't hear the quick hiss of air intake thats sounds a little like a turbo bov sound when you shift, which sounds like air through the filter may be partially blocked (filter slid too far). Does it make the sound at park with someone revving the engine while you look under the hood?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do hear the sound that makes it sound like a turbo. it only makes the noise when I press in on the clutch to switch gears

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Hey powerj2 that sound,is normal you have nothing to worry about. Any question contact turbokits at this email he will respond. Hes out the office for a few days [email protected] thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks crock!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts