1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just completed debadging the Koup.
What ya'll think?
My wife says it almost looks like 'toyota' :(
I think it looks pretty slick...making folks think, 'what the heck is that good looking car?"

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't seen that emblem before- looks real good!
Yeah....I wanted to do something esle than the 'K' or the Tigris.

Got it from:

KoreanAutoImports.com
SherwoodAutomotive.com

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Aidensgrand!
I think I made a good choice....untill I take it in to the dealership..hahaha!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Realy like that badge!!!

If my K fade or become dull I sure will look at those!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks great! Did you order the 150 mm badges, or is there Koup specific set?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great! Did you order the 150 mm badges, or is there Koup specific set?

Hey Kenny C,
Description: 2 Tomato Elite Emblem KUNTOEL5], 1-145mm front & 130mm for rear for 2010 Kia Forte Koup.

Note the rear is off by maybe a few micro millimeters bigger. I just had to add a bit more 3M tape in the middle to make sure it was a good stick.
Front was a perfect fit.

I was also initially think about installing up side down...also a different look.

All in all, I am quite pleased.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Kenny C,
Description: 2 Tomato Elite Emblem KUNTOEL5], 1-145mm front & 130mm for rear for 2010 Kia Forte Koup.

Note the rear is off by maybe a few micro millimeters bigger. I just had to add a bit more 3M tape in the middle to make sure it was a good stick.
Front was a perfect fit.

I was also initially think about installing up side down...also a different look.

All in all, I am quite pleased.

Just wondering... why did you use 145mm on the front emblem if it measures 129mm? Im ordering these emblems soon and just wanted to make sure theres a reason for the 145mm. let me know if u can thanks bud!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered 145fr and 130rr a few days ago based on what I read here and having a Koup as well. Dumb me never took a few seconds to measure and confirm. :eek:

blkkoup I hope you are right

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went and looked. The rear is def. 130mm. The front OEM badge is 130, but it fits into the recession or 'bowl' in the grill. A 145 badge would sit over the whole recessed area. The larger badge would look better I think, so I'll size it up before I put it on. If I can fill most of the area in the 'bowl', I think there would be enough surface area for strong adhesion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My Koup got Tomato'd :eek:

The good kind.:) 145mm for the front, and 130 for the rear. I think I would've preferred 130 for the front so it sat like the Kia emblem but.. I filled the oval recess with one-sided foam strips, and then 3M double sided auto trim tape. The badge sat with just enough gap that when I pulled the 3M off the emblem and pressed firmly for a minute, it sat flush. I am very happy with having the 145 on front now that I see it. The only thing will be seeing how it holds up to weather and scrubbing bugs off. I didn't break any tabs on my Kia one so I can always put that on and order a 130 if I have a problem. No way the 145 would've fit on the rear, but the 130 looks great and I cleaned it up with the Forte removed.

I'm waiting for my matching steering wheel badge, ordered at the same time but not shipped together??

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry for the badge invasion on your post blkkoup, but thanks for your 'advice' with getting the 145 that I probably wouldn't have gotten before. I love it every time I look at it !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just ordered mine but not the sticker kind, i went with the full replacement tomato AP..... looks good though the 3M badges!Glad the sizes fit right for you!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts