Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't care for them but I'm curious as to how you pronounce it. "Deekal" or "dehkal" What you think?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I go with "dehkal"......"deekal" sounds way too stuck up and british(no offense, brits!)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lol- the funniest thread i've read so far-
i am a dee-kal man myself.....

next week- we discuss pronuciation of
xxxx.ini files........
are they inny files or eye-en-eye files?

stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha This was a VERY serious debate. I say dekhal for the win!

And to joey... it's definitely inny. Don't be ridiculous! Haha

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
[/And to joey... it's definitely inny. Don't be ridiculous! Haha QUOTE]

well- you know it- and i know it- but all the higher paid computer geeks that work for the city of tampa that i've ever come in contact with say it as eye-en-eye......snork.

and dek-hal sounds more brit than dee-kal...
of course- if you say dhek-haal......you will sound more indian with british accent......
(or would that just be more middle eastern? lol)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yes. They we're all mistaken. Had to fire them all last week.
And noooo i think dek hal totally sounds more american ish dee kal.. umm i dont even know! Sounds like you don't know how to read =O
And And dhek haal. sounds like a slurrrrrrr. which i guess, with the upmost respect, is the american way. Haha
And middle eastern.. hmmm idk don't they have there own language?
This thread has just officially became too complicated for me!

·
Registered
973 Posts
[/And to joey... it's definitely inny. Don't be ridiculous! Haha QUOTE]

well- you know it- and i know it- but all the higher paid computer geeks that work for the city of tampa that i've ever come in contact with say it as eye-en-eye......snork.

and dek-hal sounds more brit than dee-kal...
of course- if you say dhek-haal......you will sound more indian with british accent......
(or would that just be more middle eastern? lol)
yes most definitely an inny

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Corytate: newest member of the strong women club. Congratulations!!

Tampa: working progress... Haha

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
snork-
i think i am starting to really like you Forgasmte. :)

and no-they didnt fire them eye-en-eye folks....they just keep promoting them over me .....lol.....and sad part is-

i understand the canadian computer folks and their twists on things than the previously mentioned tampa computer folks that say eye-en-eye have no idea what the canadians are saying....so- as a result- i am still stuck back here in 911/dispatch land cursing the mistakes of brilliant people that cant even figure out an INI.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well, I am a Canadian, and if you are talking about bellybuttons I definitely have an INNY. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
snork-
i think i am starting to really like you Forgasmte. :)

and no-they didnt fire them eye-en-eye folks....they just keep promoting them over me .....lol.....and sad part is-

i understand the canadian computer folks and their twists on things than the previously mentioned tampa computer folks that say eye-en-eye have no idea what the canadians are saying....so- as a result- i am still stuck back here in 911/dispatch land cursing the mistakes of brilliant people that cant even figure out an INI.
I don't even know what to say to this. Move to Canada! Seems as if that would be the most logical answer.
I had to re read this a few times but I think i get what your saying, and if i do my response would be.. That just completely sucks for you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I am a Canadian, and if you are talking about bellybuttons I definitely have an INNY. :D
This actually made me "lol" Ha!
lleader meet tampajoey. Sooon to be Canadajoey, possible roommate? Enjoy!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Speaking of pronounciations - a warning!

Do not EVER, and I mean NEVER EVER, go on any type of Linux forum and ask how to pronounce 'Linux'.

I did that several years ago and the wounds are just now healing. And I can STILL hear the argument going on amongst them, even without logging on!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whattttttttttt no way. Give me the link. I wanna try!! hahaha
Well....... How do you pronounce linux? I'm very curious now. Haha

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
snork!!!
the proper pronucetion (damn spelling) off a windows file that ends with...

ini
example-
win.ini
how do you pronouce that file......
enny or eye-en-eye........?

i love it.
next up
mpeg.
em-peg vs em-pee-ee-gee.

·
Registered
511 Posts
snork!!!
the proper pronucetion (damn spelling) off a windows file that ends with...

ini
example-
win.ini
how do you pronouce that file......
enny or eye-en-eye........?

i love it.
next up
mpeg.
em-peg vs em-pee-ee-gee.
Well, personally, I use 'inny' and 'em-peg', unless I'm talking to someone completely computer illiterate and then I spell it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.