Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere - I did do a quick search but couldn't find anything. I had my car in at the dealership today to get a replacement tire under the nitrogen / tire / wheel warranty I had added to the car (I had a flat and the tire apparently got chewed up some on the inside).

To get to the point, on the invoice there is a field next to delivery date (which was the date I picked up my car from the dealership) that says delivery kms. The field says "32" in it. I asked the service advisor about since the car was a tester and had 313kms on it when I picked it up. He said something about them putting in an abritrary number when they first get the car and it doesn't mean anything.

So I ask whether they will honour my warranty up to 10,300km since it already had 300km on it, and he said, "It doesn't matter if the car had 300km or 5000km on it, the warranty will only be honoured up to 100,000km".

Now this doesn't sound right to me - what do you think??? If this is the case I would have definitely clarified this with the sales guy who sold me my car and asked for an extra incentive to buy a tester off his lot.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It shouldn't be an arbitrary number since the tech is supposed to do a drive with the vehicle to check it before releasing to the new owner.

You should have negotiated before driving it off the lot if it was a test vehicle and you wanted to get a deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts