Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Since the day i did this on my Rio, it was just a day & night difference, and im sure whoever have done this to any car will agree with me on that. Anyway i have ask Kevin, from KJBMotorsports, who was the person who made it possible for the Kia Rio and Soul, and many more, to also make it possible for the Forte and Koup. My brother owns a Forte i'll be using his car as guinea pig :)

I should be receiving it in couple days, so i'll do couple before and after vids.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for the info! Does it make the shifts feel more smooth and fluid or what?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would say more precise and firm, i drove my brother's forte and felt the Koup shifter and is very very sloppy, just like my Rio was. but now on my Rio the shift is just there, you dont have to worry about if its lock on gear or not because is just one straight move.

Here is my brother forte :)

And this is the blue Koup i was talking about.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bushings? or the models?
hehehe you gotta come to Texas :) thats where i do all my meets.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i just got the parts in today and i'll be doing the test fitting and if everything fits already i'll do a How-to as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Would this work with the SX six speed? If so I will be very interested in seeing how is works out.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ahhh I'm betting these will work for all of manuals.
and can't wait to see your write up on this thxs in advance.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I couldnt do it yesterday because my brother was somewhere else but i'll do it today.

It'll work on 6 spd and 5spd, as you can see on the picture above i have looked on the blue Koup SX and they are identical.

The only thing left will be the short throw shifter, hopefully this will solve the stalling problem the car has.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
let me know i would get everything and i wouldnt know weere to get a short throw shifter

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well there is that link on here for a short throw shifter from ebay.. thou we've not figured out if it really is a short throw or not, others have said something about a B&M short throw being made for us, not sure about that either thou

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess the only way to find out will be emailing B&M, I'm gonna wait for their response. They are the company who made the short throw for my Rio, so it'll be cool if they already made the short throw for the Koup.

I have also reply to that thread and its kinda weird, i really dont trust EBAY, they can pretty much say w/e they want and the other link, it only says sporty shifter, what is sporty for them may not be sporty for me, so more info is needed on that.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
it would be nice to know if theres another make and model with the identicle shifter as our cars only way to know is to take it out and find out

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
with the new models of Kia our only luck will be Hyundai but i doubt the genesis will fit on the Koup but i hope im wrong.

talked to B&M and they havent done the short throw shift yet, they are waiting on Kia.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
it would be nice to know if theres another make and model with the identicle shifter as our cars only way to know is to take it out and find out

so does anyone know of a cross manufactures link/book out there?

i remember back when i had my 86 firebird and the flip headlight wouldnt go down- went to pontiac dealer- he said- nope- aint got the relay you need- but head down the road to the buick place and tell them you need such and such (lol-but the funny thing was- it wasnt a head light relay he told me to ask for)

i know that the forte wasnt designed from the ground up as a 100%ly new car- there has got to be parts that are interchangeable out there.........

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
hyundai sonata 2.4l is were to start but regardless they dont make anything for that car now how about a srt4 caliber?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally done! my brother is a newbie and he wanted to learn the hard way lol
The difference its just wow!! the gear are more solid, there is no more play from left to right while on gear or even in N. The aluminum base bushings are a bit smaller and now the base is very well secure and no movement, it just feels right while shifting, like how it suppose to be from the beginning.

I'll upload the pictures and do the How-to in a few.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This will be the first mod on my car. I am excited to do this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts